• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective #27 Proof Pages

86 posts in this topic

Page #2 with B/P-$5,676

#3 '' -$19,120

#4 '' -$13,145

#5 '' -$13,145

#6 '' -$17,925

That's like a leap over the Grand Canyon of Faith.

I agree. Not a leap that I was willing to make at those prices considering the iffy provenance and the extremely brittle condition of the pages. If I had won a page I would be sweating bullets until the package arrived hoping the page was not "sawdust" when it arrived. :eek:

Honestly, even with a degree of uncertainty I really wanted one of these, as they combine a lot of my professional and personal interests (comic production, history, and GA Batman). Ah well, next time.

I had intended to watch this live but got unexpectedly pulled in several directions at once and then came back to the computer after all were gone. I would probably have bid a bit higher on one of the lesser bat pages, knowing that heritage had ID'd them as 1939 pages. But just wasn't at the keyboard so got none of 'em.

Are they worth it? Well, when I look at the prices people paid for other things in this auction, I'd say that, compared to most of the other items or comination of items that went for 13-19K, I would prefer these proofs over just about everthing else that went for the same money (and in many cases, I'd prefer these over many items that sold for a lot more).

I had intended to watch this live but got unexpectedly pulled in several directions at once and then came back to the computer after all were gone. I would probably have bid a bit higher on one of the lesser bat pages, knowing that heritage had ID'd them as 1939 pages.

I hope the owner or someone else who has a chance to examine the pages in person ends up commenting on them. Among other things, I'd be curious to know if the newsprint and the image size corresponds precisely with the printed comic.