• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the devil?

5 posts in this topic

I am sorry if this has been covered before but there is something about modern comics in the Marvel Universe that has always confused me. Who is the devil? Is the devil a being like that in the Wolverine Goes to Hell story or is the devil the Mephisto?

I know this is a pretty silly question but it is just bothering me for some reason.

Marvel has been a little bit more reticent to deal with things infernal and divine than DC, at least as far as regular continuity is concerned. Most demons and devils etc. are extradimensional in nature a la Dr. Strange. Mephisto is a lot like Dormmamu et al - extradimensional and evil, but not really affiliated with the traditional Judeo-Christian traditions.

There have been exceptions, with the most notable being the Son of Satan who as it turns out is the son of Satan. Zarathos was more of a traditional demon sometimes as well.