• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My opinion of Dizneyart is plummeting..........

77 posts in this topic

It sold twice that same month in the same grade. First for $494, then for $610 three weeks later. You were saying?

(From GPAnalysis)

(9.4) (2) $552.50 610/494 Golden Record Reprint Marvel Comics 1 1966 1 Nov 2003

Copies Average Price High/Low Sold

2 $552.50 610/494 Nov 2003

$494.99 2003-Nov-06

$610.00 2003-Nov-27

You're absolutely right, that was the bonehead that bought Disneyart's copy. Then tried to flip it and couldn't get a bid higher than $250.00. It has tremendous more value than I lead him to believe.........yea......right. 27_laughing.gif

No, I agree with you about the book's value. I'd never pay it. I am just all worked up over how anyone could be dumb enough not to read the item description, yet have the resources to bid that much on a comic book in the first place. And if you must know, I'm a little bitter that you proved yourself right about the bidder being mistaken. I didn't think anyone could be that stupid. But as Einstein once said, "Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity -- and I'm not sure about the former."

"Hello? Bitter? Table for one?"

But no hard feelings. flowerred.gif

That anybody that thinks that reprint is worth more than $400 is a complete and utter insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Fair enough,....or are you just fishing for a flame war? smirk.gif

Spray all of the pages with Archival Mist first though, or it'll crack in half next time you pull it out.

just crack it out of the slab and straight into mylar. gossip.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

WILSON IS SIMPLY USING THIS AUCTION TO ADVERTISE HIS WEBSITE...NOT TO SWINDLE ANYONE...IF ANYTHING, IT WILL GIVE HIM A HEADACHE WHEN THE UNINFORMED BUYER WANTS HIS MONEY BACK.

No, actually I think he uses eBay to move stuff that's been sitting on his website for too long.

Yeah, I kind of noticed that too. That's how I picked up my Batman 49. It was nearly double the price on his site than what I got it for on Ebay.

Well, I thought I would submit a final report. I guess now this transaction establishes another level of "value" for a near mint reprint. Final Price

For those of you even remotely as paranoid as I am,..I offer these facts..

First, the "winner" ( his name is Jerry) of this auction sent me this email Sunday in response to my question of whether he knew it was a reprint....

No, I was not.....I saw the date (1966) after the bid was placed and requested an explanation and with-drew my bid

He did not.. He won.

Second, the only two bidders over $700 both use the same internet service provider.

Third... Dizneyart owns a 9.6 copy of this reprint....which could only have its surely assinine sales price improved by a documented transaction of $1200 for a 9.4.

Finally.....Five different bidders emailed me that they stupidly jumped the gun because of the title to this auction. Lesson learned? 893naughty-thumb.gif

Oh well....this paranoid nut needs a nap. smirk.gif