• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Usually not hyper critical of super hero movie stuff, but...

68 posts in this topic

spiderman+reboot+costume.jpg

I guess I'll go out on a limb. I don't see what the big deal is.

Looks more or less like Spidey's costume to me.

Is this that much different from the previous movie-ized costume?

WHAT THE HELL IS ON HIS CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am I alone in thinking that this shot was taken after he got into some major fight and that's why the costume looks odd and the spider on it looks trashed out?

I enjoyed Jack Nicholson as the Joker, much more than I did Heath Ledger. Although Heath did a very good job. Nicholson did a great job.

I think that it is an age thing. Heath was highly regarded by young people prior to his role. Nicholson was highly regarded by older people prior to his role. I understand how viewers relate better to those of their own age.

But Nicholsons Joker was actually funny. After all. The name is The Joker. Not Johhny the Homicidal Maniac.

Just my take on it.

The Joker character became more funny as the comics progressed, but his first couple of appearances were pretty grim stuff. That's what Nolan was going for; he stated in several interviews that Heath's Joker took a lot of inspiration from the first two Joker stories in Batman 1.

I enjoyed Jack Nicholson as the Joker, much more than I did Heath Ledger. Although Heath did a very good job. Nicholson did a great job.

I think that it is an age thing. Heath was highly regarded by young people prior to his role. Nicholson was highly regarded by older people prior to his role. I understand how viewers relate better to those of their own age.

But Nicholsons Joker was actually funny. After all. The name is The Joker. Not Johhny the Homicidal Maniac.

Just my take on it.

The Joker character became more funny as the comics progressed, but his first couple of appearances were pretty grim stuff. That's what Nolan was going for; he stated in several interviews that Heath's Joker took a lot of inspiration from the first two Joker stories in Batman 1.

The Joker is a homocidal maniac. Ledger did a decent job(I didn't agree that he wore make-up, instead of chalk white skin). Nicholson's portrayal was a bit over the top for me, but I was happy to see a Batman movie. My standard is the Englehart/Rogers Joker. 2c

Both Nicholson and Ledger's were good, but Ledger's impacted everyone from the getgo from the moent he shot one of his own guys in the head...good acting or not...who knows..but writers could have made a lot of actors "good"...

spiderman+reboot+costume.jpg

I guess I'll go out on a limb. I don't see what the big deal is.

Looks more or less like Spidey's costume to me.

Is this that much different from the previous movie-ized costume?

WHAT THE HELL IS ON HIS CHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle-Damage Spider-Man. It looks fine to me.

work.3891725.2.flat,550x550,075,f.he-man-battle-damage.jpg