• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few words to the wise re: shipping comics via Media Mail...

203 posts in this topic

You can ONLY do the regional on Click and Ship (USPS site) as far as I know. I've done it, and it works fine. You need to order the new boxes that say regional.

Btw, has anyone tried the padded priority flat rate envelopes? I Rarely use an envelope, but I was selling some very cheap books on eBay and I offered flat rate envelopes....I thought these might have been too small,but they are PERFECT, you can fit the books and thick cardboards plus you have the bubble wrap and you don't have to buy bubble envelopes:)

Yeah, I finally figured it out - I wasn't going far enough along in the process (I'm used to the Paypal multi-order shipping where everything is on one screen). I've got plenty of the new boxes, so should be interesting to see how much of my stuff qualifies. Sucks you can't use Paypal to pay the postage though, I always keep enough funds in there so it never comes out of pocket.

Haven't tried any of the new flat rate envelopes, think I'll order some now!

Thanks for the info, guys.

Personally prefer shipping in 10 x 15 bubble mailers with ton of cardboard or small boxes. I hate those flat rate envelopes. They dont give you enough wiggle room to protect the comic book edges when the package gets dropped. Only packages I have ever shipped that have gotten damaged are in flat rate envelopes. All take small boxes or bubble mailers padded well any day.

just when you thought ebay couldn't get worse:

'Your upfront cost of selling on eBay is about to be dramatically reduced once again!

Starting April 19, Standard Auction-style fees will be changing. You'll be able to list FREE at any start price--up to 50 items a month. Plus you can add the Buy It Now option FREE to grab those buyers who don't want to wait for your listing to end. In short, you can now list even your higher priced items free--pay only if it sells.

Also, we know online buyers pay attention to shipping costs when deciding what and where to buy. That's why, to encourage low-cost shipping, Final Value Fees for all sellers will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including shipping. Just keep your shipping costs low to get the lowest overall fees."

upfront=zero, backdooor= more than if with listing fees.