• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Artists Assemble!

Does this concept interest you?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Does this concept interest you?

36 posts in this topic

Formats will be this...

Pencil

Pencil + Inks

Color

If the format for the week is "color," you're certainly free to do pencils only if that's all that time will permit. It is suggested that you not go beyond the format called, but you're always free to stop short if you don't have time.

Someone turning in artwork that's full color on an event that is supposed to be in pencil is subject to ridicule and humiliation. lol

I wouldn't disqualify them as this is just for fun, but would ask that everyone try to not go beyond the called format for that week to keep it fair and fun for everyone involved.

It might get broader participation if the medium was open to all. And it would be interesting to see specific subjects produced in various formats. Traditional, digital, or maybe even a sculpt. Who knows. (shrug)

Throw out the subject matter and let artistic-inspiration go where it will. :ohnoez: Just a suggestion :)

Formats will be this...

Pencil

Pencil + Inks

Color

If the format for the week is "color," you're certainly free to do pencils only if that's all that time will permit. It is suggested that you not go beyond the format called, but you're always free to stop short if you don't have time.

Someone turning in artwork that's full color on an event that is supposed to be in pencil is subject to ridicule and humiliation. lol

I wouldn't disqualify them as this is just for fun, but would ask that everyone try to not go beyond the called format for that week to keep it fair and fun for everyone involved.

It might get broader participation if the medium was open to all. And it would be interesting to see specific subjects produced in various formats. Traditional, digital, or maybe even a sculpt. Who knows. (shrug)

Throw out the subject matter and let artistic-inspiration go where it will. :ohnoez: Just a suggestion :)

Medium will be typical comic book types of mediums and will basically be in this structure.

1) Pencils (Can be pencil or even digitally drawn on your computer.)

2) Inks (Usually on top of pencil, but not mandatory.)

3) Color (Usually on top of ink or raw pencil. Can be digital color or painted.)

As I said before. You're certainly welcome to enter whatever you have time to do. If you don't have time to do a color piece, turn in a pencil sketch. The goal is to get as much participation as possible. Not everyone will have the time to throw out a fully rendered piece every week, but whatever you can do is welcome.

As for sculpture, I'm not opposed to the idea. I would be interested in doing a sculpted piece as like a month long contest, but we'll have to see how much support this thing has before I start something that will require that much dedication. If someone wants to turn in a sculpture they did, by all means go for it.

Medium will be typical comic book types of mediums and will basically be in this structure.

3) Color (Usually on top of ink or raw pencil. Can be digital color or painted.)

As I said before. You're certainly welcome to enter whatever you have time to do. If you don't have time to do a color piece, turn in a pencil sketch. The goal is to get as much participation as possible. Not everyone will have the time to throw out a fully rendered piece every week, but whatever you can do is welcome.

As for sculpture, I'm not opposed to the idea. I would be interested in doing a sculpted piece as like a month long contest, but we'll have to see how much support this thing has before I start something that will require that much dedication. If someone wants to turn in a sculpture they did, by all means go for it.

Sounds good. (thumbs u Thanks.

And just so everyone understands how these work.

The pieces will be voted on by the forum. Technical rendering will not always win.

Someone with less artistic skill will often beat out a more refined artist due to pure concept and imagination.

Formats will be this...

Pencil

Pencil + Inks

Color

For what it's worth, I probably won't ever turn in anything done in either pencil or colored, no matter what the challenges states. I sketch daily already, but 85-90% of the time it's just in pen or brush marker. I might do some flat colors, but nothing that's in current comic book style of colors.

For what it's worth, I probably won't ever turn in anything done in either pencil or colored, no matter what the challenges states. I sketch daily already, but 85-90% of the time it's just in pen or brush marker. I might do some flat colors, but nothing that's in current comic book style of colors.

Sounds perfect, Rob. All I ask is for participation.

As this thing goes from week to week, everyone will pick up on various artists styles and strengths.

By doing this with various themes and projects it's designed to push artists outside of their comfort zone, which will make them better artists.