• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kitty Pride and Wolverine

25 posts in this topic

I liked it when i was a kid and read it off the newsstands. granted, i was like 12 and Kitty and Wolvie were 2 of my favorite characters so i probably would have liked anything with them in it.

I havent read it since i was a kid but i remember it as being a decent read but not being too thrilled with the art.

Well I bought the hardcover on ebay for $12 (new) so not a bad price....I will check it out. I also grabbed the Mephisto hardcover from the same seller featuring Mephisto VS the X-men, FF and Avengers....I never read those ones either. Early to mid eighties Marvel started putting out many mini-series which I have never read. I like the format of these hardcovers, I have a few others. They are black books with black dust jackets with a rather small pic on the front with text.

Back then I was all things X-MEN and bought and read it like a faithful Marvel Zombie ™ should. Parts I liked, parts I didn't like. I don't want to spoil anything, but the parts I didn't like go to why I don't care for Wolverine as a character anymore :( if you can get the trade for $5 I would say it's worth a few passes on the can.

I hated it.

+1

The Milgrom art was total :censored: ! The story was not that good either.

But, now that I know you hated it, Jim, I am going to say I liked it. Don't want people to think I have bad taste in comic books like you do :baiting:

I hated it.

Your avatar seems familiar to me. hm

Yeah, but I changed it back. It was like looking in a mirror and not recognizing your own reflection or shocked to see someone else. That avatar is only meant for one person. (thumbs u

I hated it.

+1

But, now that I know you hated it, Jim, I am going to say I liked it. Don't want people to think I have bad taste in comic books like you do :baiting:

You may as well. People assume I have bad taste in friends. :luhv:

I hated it.

+1

You may as well. People assume I have bad taste in friends. :luhv:

If you are friends with me, you have bad taste in friends. That's why I love ya so much! :acclaim:

Still, you have got to get better taste in comics :baiting:

If it's any consolation, I subbed my #1 reader copy and it came back a 9.6. I think I made it to the splash page and bagged & boarded it.

You spent $ on a bag and board for that :censored::baiting:

I almost am embarrassed to admit I bought 3 copies of it when it came out :eek:

This is a tough one for me....

On one hand, I think the story doesn't hold up now and the art is a bit rough... On the other hand, this series came out as I was really getting into comics and I have fond memories of getting these issues as they were part of a bunch of comics I bought when I went to my first comic shop. :headbang: I still have those copies too.... So these are rough yes, but they get points in the nostalgia department for me. :cloud9:

Abysmal art, which completely deterred me from reading the book. I had exactly the same reaction when I looked at his Secret Wars II.