• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy Poll - Positions 28, 29, 30, 31

28th to 31st  

237 members have voted

1. 1. 28th to 31st

66 posts in this topic

All,

thanks to date for putting together and reducing the list to the Top 30.

Actual list is 31 books (12 DC and 19 Marvel) as there was a tie for 30th.

From now on we are reducing the list by voting books off.

Please vote for the least important books.

4 votes this time to determine which books are 28th, 29th, 30th and 31st.

JLA 1 - actually the 4th JLA appearance

ASM 50 - Kingpin is the lesser of all villains in this list

Flash 105 - 5th appearances not equal to firsts

GL 1 - see JLA 1

I`m happy to say that it looks like a pretty legit list! :applause:

First 3 were easy: ASM 1, 3 and 50.

The 4th was tough. I finally went with Sgt. Fury because he`s never been a major character in the Marvel Universe and until recently #1 wasn`t a big deal, even among Marvel collectors, and even though it`s among the toughest Marvel keys to find in HG.

JLA 1 - actually the 4th JLA appearance

ASM 50 - Kingpin is the lesser of all villains in this list

Flash 105 - 5th appearances not equal to firsts

GL 1 - see JLA 1

Flash 105 is important because it`s the first time any SA character has his own title.

Even as a die-hard Spidey collector I agree with you on the #3 and #50 and I voted for them, but if JLA #1 and GL #1 stay on your list I am curious how you justify cutting ASM #1 so easily.

Even as a die-hard Spidey collector I agree with you on the #3 and #50 and I voted for them, but if JLA #1 and GL #1 stay on your list I am curious how you justify cutting ASM #1 so easily.

Only 4 votes available, and I`d already used up 2 on #3 and #50. :P

For what it`s worth, neither JLA 1 or GL 1 were in my Top 30.

Bye bye DC's :hi:

My 4:

Action 252

Brave and the Bold 34

Flash 123

Our Army at War 83

Yes, i'm a Marvel zombie and biased but Brave and the Bold 34?!? Really???

1st SA appearance of Hawkman?? I actually like hawkman and thought he was pretty cool when i was a kid but that book cannot be considered with the other books on that list imo.

DC fan here throughout, and have to say I am surprised by Spidey 50 getting as many votes as it has, as I would put it near the top 10, as no other villain on this list is as relevant as he. Don't get me wrong, Doom is a killer villain but the Kingpin has been a major villain for two of the biggest marvel heroes. A hero often times is only as interesting as his nemesis and Kingpin really has quite a storied past. I would put it ahead of almost all the DC keys! I love my DC keys but think B&B 28 and OOAW #83 and maybe Tec #225 are better. I sound like a should be a marvel fan.

DC fan here throughout, and have to say I am surprised by Spidey 50 getting as many votes as it has, as I would put it near the top 10, as no other villain on this list is as relevant as he. Don't get me wrong, Doom is a killer villain but the Kingpin has been a major villain for two of the biggest marvel heroes. A hero often times is only as interesting as his nemesis and Kingpin really has quite a storied past. I would put it ahead of almost all the DC keys! I love my DC keys but think B&B 28 and OOAW #83 and maybe Tec #225 are better. I sound like a should be a marvel fan.
Kingpin...really?

Kingpin...really?

Yeah, most of the DC books on the list are revamped Golden Age characters (which I love). And while I think their monetary value is cool and all, I don't think they are particularly relevant nor interesting. I have not read every story written about Hawkman or The Flash but I can say that I have never been impressed by that which I have read. The same can be said for GL for me. I did not grow up in the Silver-Age of comics and I would certainly be biased towards the stories from that era were I. I am basing my valuation on the character's affect on comics as a whole, and I see the Kingpin really being a well written protean character in the years since his creation and because he is a writers character, the stories he has been in are those that we go back and re-read. Who here has gone back and read the third volume of Green Lantern? I can't imagine a worse fate.

I am a little surprised that Flash #123 has gotten so many votes. The first mention of Earth II is a big deal in the DC universe, and even though it opened a huge can of worms (that really should have stayed closed) it was still a giant book in terms of its significance for the shaping of the DC universe. It may not be popular, but in terms of significance and impact it has to make at least the top 30 (especially over B&B #34, which shouldn't have made this list in the first place).

And what the h*ll is up with AF #15 and X-Men #1 getting a vote each but DD #1 getting none? You would seriously vote to drop AF #15 from the list but keep Daredevil??

For now, three of my four votes came true. :grin:

Me too!

Being a Marvel guy, i dont even know what the hell "Earth II" is??? (shrug)

I'll take mysterios word that its a huge deal in the DC universe but i gotta agree with him on B&B 34! That book should never have made the list at all (thumbs u

My votes:

Action 252

ASM 3

Detective 225

Flash 123

But... but... Action #252 is the first Supergirl! Blasphemy! :o

'Tec #225 may not really be a super important book, but I find it so incredibly cool that I could never vote it off.

ASM #3 & #50 were my easy picks when I saw the list. I struggled a bit to choose the other two, but ultimately I had to say goodbye to Showcase #34 and GL #1, though I love both of them. (SC #34 was the first SA DC key I ever acquired and I almost cried when I had to sell my GL #1).

Actually, I found it surprisingly easy. So long, Antman :devil:

Ant-Man stays! :sumo:

And what the h*ll is up with AF #15 and X-Men #1 getting a vote each but DD #1 getting none? You would seriously vote to drop AF #15 from the list but keep Daredevil??

Now they each have one more, along with FF #1. :devil:

Besides, they have a hard time cracking the top 10 modern sales now, especially without the death of a character or releasing yet another #1. lol

For now, three of my four votes came true. :grin:

Me too!

Being a Marvel guy, i dont even know what the hell "Earth II" is??? (shrug)

I'll take mysterios word that its a huge deal in the DC universe but i gotta agree with him on B&B 34! That book should never have made the list at all (thumbs u

BB34....everyone wanted one in the 90's. lol

I'm a DC and a Marvel guy and I couldn't, in all honesy, put ASM 50 ahead of many of the keys on the list. I voted it into the bottom three