• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EIDES ff's bring big $$$

102 posts in this topic

all i can say is ff's are on fire, these prices are phenomenal

ff 25 9.2 $1926

ff 12 $4550

to cite a few of their prices realised.........

i remember when an ff 12 cgc 9.0 on ebay was won fro $2500 about 1.5 to 2 years ago..shoulda bought it then....damn! now will never be ablke to afford it

I tired on the FF 9, but the price of $650 for a 7.5 was too steep for me... I looked at his scan again and I saw some defects that kinda annoyed me.

I bought a FF 8 in CGC 6.5 for $350 so I dropped the FF 8 from my watch list.

I have a FF 25 in CGC 8.0 and 12 in CGC 6y.5, so I wasn't interested in those.

But those prices are insane! insane.gif

Sow how much does the BSD league pay you to be their cheerleader? Do they let you buy their VF 8.0 table scraps for NM 9.4 guide? grin.gif

Hey COI: I swore off this board but I think that your response was uncalled for. I think that you only wish that you were invited into the BSD league. Just because someone choses to give a market report doesn't justify your negative comment.

Tom

Hey Linmoth: This may come as quite a shock to those of you who seem to think that there is no existing world outside of comics, but I don't need/want/care to be a "BSD". There is this ridiculous attitude in the hobby that says you're either a BSD, spending 10's of thousands of $$'s a month, or you wish you were a BSD speding 10's of thousands of $$ a month on comics. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm 25 and own 2 business'. Call me crazy, but I spend most of my money re-investing into my ventures to make more money. I'm not stupid enough to rack up debt, or adobt long payment plans like many so-called "BSD's" just to hang in a "club" of middle-aged men who measure their worth by the grade on their funny books. I actually like spending my money on a nice home, nice car, travel, fine food and a fine wardrobe as opposed to choking down Taco Bell and buying my Suits at Sears, just so I can pay multiples to a dealer who is making a killing pressing his books. Does it ever occur to any of you that some people CHOOSE not to spend their money the "BSD" way? Of course not. Just because slabs and labels are your life, dosen't mean they're everyone else's.

And BTW, my comment was a joke. A JOKE. I've been on this board long enough that I would hope most people here would know that. Don't take yourselves so seriously, and don't get upset just because we all don't kiss your arses for having such nice books.

Here's a quote from Gene (delekkerste) from the Batman 237 thread in the bronze section that drives this point home. Lets see if it can penetrate that BSD brain of yours;

Dude, just be content with the mid-grade copy you have and take the 5 C-notes you saved and spend it on dinner for two at Jean-Georges, a couple of Broadway show tickets and a carriage ride through Central Park for two, all during which you can thank your lucky stars that somebody was crazy enough to spend over $500 for that book so you could enjoy the finest food and entertainment in the world with your girlfriend instead of adding another overpriced non-key book to your collection that you're never even going to bother looking at once you own it. You know it makes sense.

Careful AK, these BSD's are mighty sensitive & have no sense of humor. foreheadslap.gif

Then it's a good thing that my last 2 posts were no joke.

So those middle aged men who sit around and admire their collectible hotrod or collectible art or collectible motorcycles or collectible vases are also guilty of the same thing? Which is spending disposable money on what brings them enjoyment. Yup, 25 and you know it all. In 25 years I'm sure you will be collecting something to relive your youth. BSD's are not just about who has the biggest or the best but the ability to come in and buy. Every hobby has them, for you to paint Comic BSD's any different makes me wonder why?

So those middle aged men who sit around and admire their collectible hotrod or collectible art or collectible motorcycles or collectible vases are also guilty of the same thing? Which is spending disposable money on what brings them enjoyment. Yup, 25 and you know it all. In 25 years I'm sure you will be collecting something to relive your youth. BSD's are not just about who has the biggest or the best but the ability to come in and buy. Every hobby has them, for you to paint Comic BSD's any different makes me wonder why?

The problem with some BSDs...is the delusional belief that their COMIC COLLECTION somehow earns them respect as a person. If you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person....a MINT copy of ASM 1 doesn't change that. sorry.gif

BSD's are not just about who has the biggest or the best but the ability to come in and buy. Every hobby has them, for you to paint Comic BSD's any different makes me wonder why?

I don't think most people have any problem with these so-called "BSDs" spending lavish sums on comics. What's annoying is when they, the dealers who sell to them and the sycophants who worship them through a non-stop circle jerk ritual on the Boards, seem to think that spending big money on and owning a bunch of plastic-slabbed funny books somehow gives them the right to condescend to everyone else (which is particularly amusing since, not to name names, it appears that a number of people in all 3 of the above categories aren't even self-made men).

As a collector, of course I think owning nice comics is a cool thing, but in the larger scheme of things, it should earn you a title closer to "King of the Dip$" rather than "BSD". 27_laughing.gif All anyone is asking for is a bit of perspective. Everytime I see a thread titled something like, "JPTheMint Does It Again!" I immediately cringe and reach for my handy air-sickness bag, because I know another BSD-worshipper stroke-fest is about to get underway. insane.gif

Which is spending disposable money on what brings them enjoyment.

Again, I have no qualms with people spending money on what they want to (I gave my friend DAM60 a bit of hell on another thread, but that's only because I know him personally). However, it strikes me as curious that so many non-wealthy, non-BSD collectors are willing to spend such large amounts on comics and adamantly defend this practice, when that amount of money could practically fund a "James Bond-ian" lifestyle such as I detailed in the example that Captains_Of_Industry cited above. To each his own, but between owning a bunch of slabs that collect dust in a closet or basement and living the high life, it's clear to this collector which spending and lifestyle choice is "cooler" and more worthy of imitation and idolatry. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gene

The problem with some BSDs...is the delusional belief that their COMIC COLLECTION somehow earns them respect as a person. If you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person....a MINT copy of ASM 1 doesn't change that. sorry.gif

Come on, now...name a name or two! Otherwise, we'll just have to assume you're using blind projection or that you MADE IT UP. shocked.gif

Come on, now...name a name or two! Otherwise, we'll just have to assume you're using blind projection or that you MADE IT UP. shocked.gif

What if I said NM/MT copy of ASM 1? gossip.gif

What if I said NM/MT copy of ASM 1? gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif He did come in here with guns-a-blazin', didn't he! foreheadslap.gif

How many of the people on this forum even own an X-MEN #94 in 9.4 or above?

Stop crying about the cut of the book or the centering and let the CGC do the job. That is why we have universal grading. Understand? That is a killer book plain and simple.

I wonder who these people are who have time to critique everybook on line. Very sad.

Money where my mouth is?

You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1,

9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs.

What do you own sonny?