• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone give info on the Boston pedigree?

28 posts in this topic

60s stuff....great mix of DCs and Marvels that the collector bought multiple copies of each book....apparently he liked certian covers, so he bought 3-4 copies....Bechara Maloof found the collection and has been getting rich off of it ever since....

it does have merit, but it's been around awhile....not sure exactly, but at least 3 years....i just bought the Plastic Man 1 that Bechara had graded...and that's like the 4th copy out there of just this book....he's still got some nice stuff ungraded, but most of it is slabbed...i do believe....

it does have merit, but it's been around awhile....not sure exactly, but at least 3 years....i just bought the Plastic Man 1 that Bechara had graded...and that's like the 4th copy out there of just this book....he's still got some nice stuff ungraded, but most of it is slabbed...i do believe....
How many copies of Showcase 58 are there? They're everywhere! foreheadslap.gif

Ummm. I found the other half of this collection. It was owned by a guy who worked building sets for film and Broadway. The books are gorgeous and have many multiples. I have sold thousands of these books over the years- many of them I did not call Boston copies....

From what I remember there was some really nice earlier Marvels - Spideys, FFs etc....

Vincent sumo.gif

Ummm. I found the other half of this collection. It was owned by a guy who worked building sets for film and Broadway. The books are gorgeous and have many multiples. I have sold thousands of these books over the years- many of them I did not call Boston copies....

From what I remember there was some really nice earlier Marvels - Spideys, FFs etc....

Vincent sumo.gif

So, the portion that you found was found earlier or later than the first portion? Did the FF 55 CGC 9.9 come from that portion? Plus, do you know if all the books have been sold by the owner? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Vincent sumo.gif

I just bought some Charlton Bostons from you Vincent. Nice books. But maaaannnn is that Charlton printing crappy! Still fun though. Ditko, Ditko, Ditko.

mostly mid 60s though guy claimed he had GA...

He may have more but it is not great stuff. Sometimes Bechara would get first crack and buy a lot and sometimes I would- the guy parcelled it out every once in awhile. He collected many companies including Marvel, Charlton, DC, Harvey and a few others.... Gorgeous stuff and a very nice guy (and his wife was very sweet).

Vincent

any info if they were cleaned and pressed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Too late sign-offtopic.gifThat question was already asked by Lighthouse. 893blahblah.gif

i was asking a serious question, makepoint.gif besides you didn't answer him. foreheadslap.gif

He's just baiting me,plus how would I know? ask the famous clean and presser Wilson. 893whatthe.gifflamed.gif

any info if they were cleaned and pressed? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Too late sign-offtopic.gifThat question was already asked by Lighthouse. 893blahblah.gif

i was asking a serious question, makepoint.gif besides you didn't answer him. foreheadslap.gif

He's just baiting me,plus how would I know? ask the famous clean and presser Wilson. 893whatthe.gifflamed.gif

Actually I think you were ahead of your time... There was a time when you were the lone voice in the wilderness suggesting that cleaning and pressing should be acceptable... sumo.gif

Now it seems to be the hottest topic on the boards... confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually I think you were ahead of your time... There was a time when you were the lone voice in the wilderness suggesting that cleaning and pressing should be acceptable... sumo.gif

Now it seems to be the hottest topic on the boards... confused-smiley-013.gif

yep, if you go and read some of the pressing threads, i mentioned that forumites should apologise to you for making fun of your "cleaned and pressed comics are the way to go!" wink.gifacclaim.gif