• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Tales from the Crypt 31

4 posts in this topic

Opinions on the grade are welcome, but I'm really struggling with the spot just below the S in Tales... does it look like a color touch? or maybe a spot where glue from an old price sticker transferred? I can't see any bleed-through on the FC from the back, but I'm really terrible at resto detection. Any comments from the restoration gurus out there would be much appreciated...

TFTC31front.jpg

TFTC31back.jpg

It looks like a nice 8.5, but it depends on what that spot is. If it just didn't print right, I'd stick with 8.5. It could be that the cover faded a bit, but there was a sticker on a poly bag blocking that spot :shrug: But it doesn't look like CT - and CT usually is at the edges, where obvious wear would show up.

Where are you finding these sweet ECs... more importantly, why am I not??

It looks like a nice 8.5, but it depends on what that spot is. If it just didn't print right, I'd stick with 8.5. It could be that the cover faded a bit, but there was a sticker on a poly bag blocking that spot :shrug: But it doesn't look like CT - and CT usually is at the edges, where obvious wear would show up.

That's a good thought. Does that spot have the same reflectivity as the rest of the cover when you hold it at an angle to the light? That would be one way to see if it was something added to the book or just uneven printing/fading.

And are there any sci-fi or war ones in the cache? :hi:

That's a good thought. Does that spot have the same reflectivity as the rest of the cover when you hold it at an angle to the light? That would be one way to see if it was something added to the book or just uneven printing/fading.

And are there any sci-fi or war ones in the cache? :hi:

The reflectivity is the same. As I said even from the back I can't see anything. So who knows? Matt Nelson's office isn't too far away from me - I may take it over to him and get his opinion.

As for the origin of these beauties, I picked them up from a long time collector in a bulk sale - I'll be posting a some more over the next few days to get opinions, I just didn't want to blow up the front page with all of them at once!

And sorry, no war or sci-fi... :sorry: