• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I just got my heritage catalog in today...

333 posts in this topic

well, just woke up to find my heritage invoice for the ONE book I won...can't remember a time when I didn't win a dozen+ between clink and heritage... ahh, how the times are a changing

Do you mean that you`ve lost interest in comics (you didn`t seem very enthusiastic in general about this auction) or that you`re getting priced out?

maybe both, or neither, haven't really decided hm

Buy some low grade GA goodness, and SA keys (with white pages of course). Smell them, read them, and stop focusing on the most boring components of the hobby......slabbed books and the money aspect. :makepoint:

Circle back whence you came and all will be well :cloud9:

I thought Rick DOES buy low grade books. Clearly the problem is that he`s bored of owning and dealing in books that look like mulch.

So the answer is ULTRA HIGH GRADE, baby!!! Revel in 70-year old books that look like they just came off the newsstand! Obsess over miniscule defects that can`t be detected by the general populace! :cloud9:

I know a guy who can Press those right out for you. :gossip:

:roflmao:

QuickS,

Vancouver, BC, Canada was voted #1 best city in the world to live in again last week. too bad they did not factor in the outrageous cost of a condo or townhouse here. You can forget about a detached house which starts at $600,000 in the hi-crime district (if you can find 1 priced so low.)

Rest of Canada is too cold but good to preserve page quality.

I did a google search and both times found NYC voted #1 in 2010 and 2011. Vancouver wasn't listed on the top 29 search. The only listed Canadian cities were Toronto and Montreal.

Damn straight.

I guess it just really just depends on the source of the survey and what parameters they are using to measure liveability.

Your survey ranking NY as #1 came from a website called askmen.com and the name alone should be raising red flags. Interesting to note that their parameters were based upon factors such as dating, nightlife, club openings, new restaurants, availability of menswear, proximity tgo beaches, intelligence level of women, etc. lol

The rankings for the cities seem to move around quite a bit because although NY ended up #1 in 2010, it was way down the list for 2009. On the other hand, Chicago was #1 in 2009, but finished quite far down for 2010. Vancouver was quite high up on the list for 2009 due to the pending Olympics and its anticipated party atmosphere.

Aardvark's list came from the globally recognized Economist magazine and their rankings appear to be much more stable and based upon such boring factors as healtgh care, infrastructure, culture, environment, and education. Their lists also appear to be much more stable as Vancouver has been ranked #1 for the past 5 years in a row. No real changes in the Top 10 except for a swap between Melbourne and Vienna for #2 and #3 spots. Of interest to note is that the top American city is Pittsburgh at #29 while NY finished in the same spot at #56.

I also noticed that the Economist lisitng is actually very similar to both the Mercer rankings and also Business Week Magazine rankings. Like I said, I guess it really depends on what your survey is trying to measure. hm

Vancouver ranks high even though health care is one of the factors? But Vancouver is in Canada and all Americans know that Canadian healthcare is an abombination. How could this be?????? :ohnoez:

I am alive because of Canadian healthcare. Something that was invented in Canada saved my life when I was very young, and my parents didn't have to mortgage the house to pay for it.

I've met US professors that were fairly well off have to claim bankruptcy in the US because of medical bills buried them. They have since moved to Vancouver to work at one of our universities and no longer have to worry about a similar scenario occurring. Our system can't be all that bad, hate to be handed a $25,000 bill because I had a broken arm fixed that wasn't covered, or something like that.

QuickS,

Vancouver, BC, Canada was voted #1 best city in the world to live in again last week. too bad they did not factor in the outrageous cost of a condo or townhouse here. You can forget about a detached house which starts at $600,000 in the hi-crime district (if you can find 1 priced so low.)

I did a google search and both times found NYC voted #1 in 2010 and 2011. Vancouver wasn't listed on the top 29 search. The only listed Canadian cities were Toronto and Montreal.

Damn straight.

I guess it just really just depends on the source of the survey and what parameters they are using to measure liveability.

Your survey ranking NY as #1 came from a website called askmen.com and the name alone should be raising red flags. Interesting to note that their parameters were based upon factors such as dating, nightlife, club openings, new restaurants, availability of menswear, proximity tgo beaches, intelligence level of women, etc. lol

The rankings for the cities seem to move around quite a bit because although NY ended up #1 in 2010, it was way down the list for 2009. On the other hand, Chicago was #1 in 2009, but finished quite far down for 2010. Vancouver was quite high up on the list for 2009 due to the pending Olympics and its anticipated party atmosphere.

Aardvark's list came from the globally recognized Economist magazine and their rankings appear to be much more stable and based upon such boring factors as healtgh care, infrastructure, culture, environment, and education. Their lists also appear to be much more stable as Vancouver has been ranked #1 for the past 5 years in a row. No real changes in the Top 10 except for a swap between Melbourne and Vienna for #2 and #3 spots. Of interest to note is that the top American city is Pittsburgh at #29 while NY finished in the same spot at #56.

I also noticed that the Economist lisitng is actually very similar to both the Mercer rankings and also Business Week Magazine rankings. Like I said, I guess it really depends on what your survey is trying to measure. hm

Vancouver ranks high even though health care is one of the factors? But Vancouver is in Canada and all Americans know that Canadian healthcare is an abombination. How could this be?????? :ohnoez:

I am alive because of Canadian healthcare. Something that was invented in Canada saved my life when I was very young, and my parents didn't have to mortgage the house to pay for it.

I've met US professors that were fairly well off have to claim bankruptcy in the US because of medical bills buried them. They have since moved to Vancouver to work at one of our universities and no longer have to worry about a similar scenario occurring. Our system can't be all that bad, hate to be handed a $25,000 bill because I had a broken arm fixed that wasn't covered, or something like that.

Professors with no full coverage? find that hard to believe.

I was only being sarcastic. I would love to live in Canada if it were 1500 miles to the south.

Canada at a temperate latitude is called Australia.

QuickS,

Damn straight.

Professors with no full coverage? find that hard to believe.

:gossip: they teach at the local clown college :insane: