• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick Ebay Question

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, I tried navigating through Ebay's website figuring there would be a quick answer to my question but couldn't find anything. I don't sell much on ebay so this is probably a newb question.

I accepted someone's best offer on a book, but he didn't pay and I relisted. I noticed Ebay stll charged me the final value fee. How do I get that back? Thanks!

You should have filed a non-paid item dispute or whatever it is to get your FVF back. Not sure if you can now you've relisted it.

And who was the non-paying bidder?

how much time actually went by from the time the buyer made the commitment to buy, they actually have 4 days before you can send a notice of non payment to ebay. then yes at that time a final value credit is something you work towards getting and the buyer still has time to actually pay. approx 10 days will go by and if no response from the buyer happens ebay prompts you to take the credit of final value seller fees. however if you did hear from the buyer and he tells you his story and you agree to hold off on that, then you can. once a final value fee has been credited back to you, ebay will then allow you to relist it. you may need to call ebay and work it out with customer service on your current situation.

Thanks guys. It has been a week - I sent him an invoice a few days after the sale went through, then I followed up with an email a couple days ago. No response whatsoever. Very odd - he has over 200 positive feedbacks so I was a little surprised. His ebay ID is resurreccion2009. I just opened up an unpaid item dispute, so thanks for the advice!

Sam

Sometimes when a bidder has good feedback and suddenly disappears like your friend here I think the worst has happened. Car accidents, medical emergency, random acts of God. But I'm always an optimist. (thumbs u Good luck in your auction.

Sad that a car wreck or a medical emergency is a sign of an optimist on ebay.