• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Expo - Saturday, April 23rd

58 posts in this topic

Why isn't anyone talking about the Long Beach Con? Is it really that bad? I am planning on attending to get some books graded by CGC and get a sig or two from some attendees.

LBCC is a fun local Con, don't know why it doesn't get more coverage since I think it's the best "comic" con in So. Cal these days.

Need a promo code for the Con though to buy tix at a discount, anyone know what it is?

Is there a coupon for the show?

There's a field for entering a promo code on the on-line ticket purchase form to get a discount. Haven't been able to find out what the code for this October's show is, would be great if the promoter showed up on the boards and promoted the show with the code to boardies.

I will have two booths at the show (3rd one) crammed with SA and Bronze with a few hundred GAs valued around $45,000. I bring around 30 long boxes of books sorted into $5, $10, priced and half off boxes. I will also have around 12-15 mostly Bronze with a little SA priced at $2 each. I will also have several boxes of War, Mystery, TV, Movieand a few other misc. genres.

On the higher end, I currently have some decent keys as well including:

- ASM #1- 2.5, 10-6.5. 50-7.0 SS Stan Lee; also 94-9.4 SS SL; 129s- 8.0, 9.2. 9.6;

- Silver Surfer- almost a full raw run plus a 9.0 SS SL issue;

- TOS 39-3.5, 48(5.5) and 50 (6.0) I think- tons of raw issues;

- TTA- low grade #27 and a bunch of early issues;

- FFs- #48- 7,5; lots of raw issues from around 12 to 100- many are VF to NM;

- Green Lantern 76-7.5; Tomb of Dracula #10- 9.6; WBN #32- 9.2, Conan #1- 9.2; Iron Fist 14- 8.5, House of Secrets 92-8.5;

- Avengers 1-3.0 and raw in the 5.0 range; 4-3.5;

- X-men 94- 7.5, 9.0; GS1- 8.5, 9.0; tons of raw

- Journey into Mystery- 112- 4.0 and 8.5, 88-5.5, 99-6.5; tons of raw;

- Hulk 6-6.5, 102-9.0, 182-9.0, raw low grade 181-vg/vg+;

Please let me know any specific books you are looking for. I also have tens of thousands of Copper and Modern but I usually only bring what buyers ask for. I will have some TNMTs (7 up), Buffy, Deadpool, and a few others.

Please stop by and introduce yourself if we have not met in the past.

Ed Robertson

Really on the fence on this show, the number of dealers seems pretty small and you have to put up with a lot of extraneous goings on in a very sub-par hall. Bad lighting and acoustics are the problem here.

We'll see how my son's soccer schedule looks to see if it is workable. Have to say it is always a pleasure to deal with Ed Robertson though; so that is a big plus in my book for this show. Dinner and good ale afterwards with Busted Flush is another plus as we get a chance to talk comics for an evening.

Here you go guys. I talked to the promoter and here is the promo code DISCOUNT11 . See you guys at the show.

I missed the Mail In deadline.

But since you guys will be at LBCC, can I drop off some comics for Stan Lee's private signing the for Comikaze the following week? And McFarlane's the next next week?

Pay attention to that guest list, folks. Some BIG names have shown up on the Long Beach guest list:

John Carpenter (yes, that John Carpenter!)

Gerry Conway

Kevin Eastman

Lance Henriksen

Bob Layton

On top of their other guests like David Finch, Darwyn Cooke, Bernie Wrightson, Marv Wolfman, Steve Niles, Wendy Pini, Whilce Portacio, and many Southern Cal comic creators.

Really on the fence on this show, the number of dealers seems pretty small and you have to put up with a lot of extraneous goings on in a very sub-par hall. Bad lighting and acoustics are the problem here.

We'll see how my son's soccer schedule looks to see if it is workable. Have to say it is always a pleasure to deal with Ed Robertson though; so that is a big plus in my book for this show. Dinner and good ale afterwards with Busted Flush is another plus as we get a chance to talk comics for an evening.

Yep, Ed and Terry's Comics are the only reasons to go. I usually spend 15 minutes in the hall, get annoyed by all the non-comics stuff, and end up catching a matinee across the street.

Here you go guys. I talked to the promoter and here is the promo code DISCOUNT11 . See you guys at the show.

I missed the Mail In deadline.

But since you guys will be at LBCC, can I drop off some comics for Stan Lee's private signing the for Comikaze the following week? And McFarlane's the next next week?

Yes you can. We will be accepting onsite submissions for the LBCC as well as Comikaze and McFarlane.

Note that Gerry Conway will be appearing on Saturday ONLY! And he will be at the DWC booth signing. Hope to see you guys there.

Does it cost anything to have Mr. Conway sign a few books or do we have to purchase signing tickets or is it just a walk-up-to-the-booth thing and stand in line? Thanks

Walk up to the booth and stand in line thing. If you are not grading the books then the first 3 books are free and then it is $5.00 per signature after that. But Mr. Conway is charging $5.00 per signature for CGC graded books. The fee is Mr. Conway's money not DWC's. And other facilitators can submit books under their own account. DWC is only giving Mr. Conway a place to enjoy the show from and sign from.