• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Copies Of Mary Jane #1 Will You...

11 posts in this topic

...pick up.

Whether she's going to school or hanging out with her friends at the Coffee Bean...

Because going to school and hanging out is just so darn hard sometimes...

The next Ultimate Spidey #1?

It's a toss up which will last longer, the new "Invaders" series or "Mary Jane". I've had hangovers that lasted longer than these two series will.

CRC

0 copies by the way.

What is the point of this thread? If you create a thread saying how many copies of issue so and so are you going to pick up, it usually implies that you have an interest in the book you are talking about.

You state that you are going to pick up 0 copies, and say you have had hangovers that will last longer than Mary Jane/The Invaders...okay, not very funny, just inane. You also may not realize that a second Mary Jane Illustrated HC is coming out because the first one did particularly well in bookstores. More people are interested in the character of Mary Jane than you might think.

Enjoy Your Hangovers

Christopher H

confused-smiley-013.gif Not trying to diss the guy, just making a point that usually the person who starts a thread like this one is interested in actually buying the upcoming comic, not just ragging on a book sight unseen makepoint.gif

Look at Darth's posts, he puts up a list of books coming out on Wedneday's, and then list the books he is going to buy/speculate on 893naughty-thumb.gif, Just stooges.gif Darth---but he does not bother to waste his time placing 0s next to the comics he has no interest in purchasing.

Anyway, CompleteRunComics... flowerred.gif for you, as I only am interested in carrying on a civil conversation.

For the record, it is rather obvious I will be picking up one copy of Mary Jane.

Have A Great Week

Christopher H

What is the point of this thread? If you create a thread saying how many copies of issue so and so are you going to pick up, it usually implies that you have an interest in the book you are talking about.

You state that you are going to pick up 0 copies, and say you have had hangovers that will last longer than Mary Jane/The Invaders...okay, not very funny, just inane. You also may not realize that a second Mary Jane Illustrated HC is coming out because the first one did particularly well in bookstores. More people are interested in the character of Mary Jane than you might think.

Hey, your absolutely right.

I hope the MJ book is well written and does well. It could be a great angle for bringing in a new, maybe more female, audience. It must be working if their bringing out a HC. I do find the book description amusing.

The Invaders...Marvel must have something pretty nifty up their sleeve to pull all the hoopla surrounding this title, including relaunching the Avengers (again).

What would be great is some new characters and stories, ala Vertigo, not name recognition and rehashing.

inaneness averted,

Chad

Given that the new Mary Jane series is only priced at $2.25 (I thought it would be $2.99, so the price point is a pleasant surprise), I have to assume Marvel is hoping the book REALLY does last longer than one of your hangovers, at least long enough to collect the first 6 issues into a Marvel Age digest sized TPB. That way, even if the book goes the way of the dodo, the TPB can continue to make them some money long after the series is gone.

Marvel has been chasing Vertigo for years, but who knows...maybe one day some of their books will click with the same type of loyal reader Vertigo has (not necessarily a reader who is into more adult content in their comics, but simply the ferocious loyalty that buyers of Vertigo books seem to have with that imprint).

Enjoy Your Week

Christopher H

Marvel has been chasing Vertigo for years, but who knows...maybe one day some of their books will click with the same type of loyal reader Vertigo has (not necessarily a reader who is into more adult content in their comics, but simply the ferocious loyalty that buyers of Vertigo books seem to have with that imprint).

Yep, I wish Marvel would at least release some of this type of material on a semi-regular basis, minus the adult content as much as possible.

It was good to see Supreme Power, even though a follower of the "realistic take" on superheroes fad, do well, it ranks monthly in our top ten comics. Just the fact that it's a try at something different from the House of Ideas(?) makes it worthwhile. I admire Dark Horse who has their foot in everything from superheroes, to sci-fi, horror, fantasy, Manga..impressive. Image too has an array of different offererings.

BUT Mayhew is the artist and I'm fantasizing about an MJ pinup page with her in a Vampirella costume

Must put....Vampirella comic....down....is not....real...

Darth, since your mission is to keep the peace in variant land, can you tell me which cover corresponds to each X-Men 2nd series #1 (A,B,C & D)? E, of course, is a dead giveaway with its foil enhanced double wrapped holographic gatefold embossed talking cover.

CRC