• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Art Con March 13 Secaucus, NJ

9 posts in this topic

Comic Art Con is only three weeks from Sunday on March 13. The show is located at our usual venue, The Crown Plaza Meadowlands. Two Harmon Plaza, Secaucus, NJ. The hours are 10:00 - 4:00. Admission is $10 and parking is always free.

Confirmed guests are Bob Wiacek, who in addition to doing sketches and taking commissions will be bringing along his collection of original art that he has amassed over his long career, and Dave Bullock, who will also be doing sketches and taking commissions. We are still trying to add another guest artist or two so stay tuned!

If you are interested in setting up we have only a handful of 6 foot tables not yet spoken for. Cost is $120 and if interested please let us know ASAP.

For those traveling, we have reserved 20 hotel rooms at $119 a night. For more information on that please email us at comicartcon@aol.com

See you at the con!

Dan & Joe

A warning to all:

Bob Wiacek is one of those artists who takes YEARS AND YEARS and is filled with excuses about delivering commissions so be very careful. I have commissions with Bob (and probably never will) because of the stories about his excuses and his years-long delay in doing a commission for a friend. I would be very careful about giving him your money for take-home commissions. I hope the promoters are aware of his terrible reputation for take-home commissions.

Michael

I'm sure Dan & Joe can better answer this but I do know the following dealers will be in attendence:

Will's Comic Art Page

Tri-State Original Art

Nostalgic Investments

RomitaMan

Anthony's Collectibles

Haven't confirmed this but safe to assume that Conrad Eischenberg will also set-up. And Comic Art Fans own Bashful Bill Cox will be in da room!

Thanks Will. Everyone you listed is confirmed for the show. In addition we'll also have:

Frank Giella

Jim Warden

Saul Zimmerman

Brad Savage

First timer Howard Leroy Davis

Mr Davis calls himself the "Old Fan" when he writes for the "Comic Effect" fanzine and began his fan writing with the column called "With Pen and Brush" in the "Menomonee Falls Gazette" over thirty years ago. He began collecting comics in 1967, writing LOCs to comics in 1968, and collecting page art in 1974.

We still have a few spaces left and will be adding to our vendor roster.

See you at the con!

Dan & Joe

We have been reading all the posts regarding Bob Wiacek. We had no idea of his owing commissions prior to inviting him as one of our guests. We will certainly mention this to him prior to the show and encourage his to make good on his commitments. We hope that this does not impact on your decision to attend our show.

Dan & Joe

We spoke today with Bob Wiacek to make sure he was aware of the situation and to hear firsthand what he had to say. Taking him at his word, which we will, he says he is indeed aware of what is being said, that he knows he has unfulfilled obligations, and that he is working through a third party to take care of it. He expressed remorse that he let it get this far and seemed sincere. After speaking with him we have no reason to think he won't do the right thing. Hopefully his appearance at our show will finally bring closure to those who have been waiting so long.

Dan & Joe