• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Age CGC Dealers - HELP WANTED

12 posts in this topic

Morning all -

As you can see I'm new to the message boards as of this morning. One of my customers told me they had seen my name on here about the CGC Subscription Service I have provided. Here's the reason for me writing:

I'm sure we've all run into a situation where you are looking for one (or more copies) of a book on Wednesday and EVERY one you look at has some damage. I know that there are cases where it is a production error and CGC takes that into account, but there are also times where I've looked at 100 copies of a certain issue and not one would grade a 9.8 or higher...but in other parts of the country they didn't have that issue. Distribution center problem? Shipping problem? Who knows. But I have an idea I want to throw out.

As a collector/dealer, I want to make sure that I can get gradable copies of the books that I need for myself and my customers (don't we all?). Well if there is a time where you can't get a gradable copy, wouldn't it be nice to have a list of other people who are as good as picking out a graded copy as you that live in different areas of the country that you could ask to get something for you?

Happened this week...could not find 1 gradable copy of Wolverine #6 out of all I looked at. I could call a comic shop somewhere else, have them get me a high quality scan of a book, etc but I'd rather someone who knows the CGC business helps me. And in return I would be available to help someone else out...you couldn't find Donald Duck #363 this week...I see what they've got around here.

Has anyone thought about getting a list of CGC dealers together where people who wanted to be part of this could sign up to help each other out? I know the downfall could be that people abuse this, but I just thought I'd see what people have done in these situations. As my client bases grows I want to make sure I can accomidate their needs.

Hoping for some feedback.

Thanks!

Torrey

I've purchased items from Dre before and I've read from the boards that he's the man. I guess I was almost thinking of a dealer network. If everyone just went to Dre when needing a book here or there he'd be swamped with messages. Just brainstorming ideas really.