• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel BIG SHOTS....

31 posts in this topic

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30889

I had a feeling he would be back in a brand new series starting at Issue #1. Why oh why did they start the whole renumbering thing back at 500.

Marvel can't seem to decide whether they want to be nostalgic or if they want to try and attract new readers by moving in a "Bold New Direction".

If they are going to do this kind of stuff, might as well blow up the whole Universe and start from scratch...oh wait, they kind of did that with the Ultimate U.

How many Moon Knight #1s and Punisher #1s does this make? I'm not one to have much trouble with the renumbering thing, but Punisher has got to have the highest number of volumes printed.

is it just me or does marvel handle press very badly I'm not even going to pay attention to it anymore cause it just makes me shake my head.... I will continue to read what I like & simply ignore any type of hype marvel does ....

There is only one person that putting on that title would warrant this kind of hoopla...we all know who that is...and we all know that will NEVER happen.

Brubaker? hm

No.

Bendis was more popular. :baiting:

But I believe Reno was talking about Frank Miller. That's the ONLY person who's return would warrent actual hype. 2c

There is only one person that putting on that title would warrant this kind of hoopla...we all know who that is...and we all know that will NEVER happen.

Brubaker? hm

No.

But I believe Reno was talking about Frank Miller. That's the ONLY person who's return would warrent actual hype. 2c

That is correct...he is the only person associated with DD that would make a new #1 any real success...or even worth making a big deal about.

Brubaker? hm

No.

Yeah, I know. Dicjones is a big Miller fan, and I was just yanking his chain. Although it would've been better had I used someone who sucked instead of someone who wrote DD better than anyone ever.

:baiting:

Brubaker? hm

No.

That is correct...he is the only person associated with DD that would make a new #1 any real success...or even worth making a big deal about.

That would be awesome... it'd be like seeing Neal Adams back on Batman...

;)

If they didn't keep screwing up the titles then there wouldn't be a need for relaunches in the first place. Lucky for Marvel and DC that us comic collectors are stupid and continue to buy no matter how crappy the comics are. "Bold new direction....in other words more .

Yeah, I've made the decision that from now on, any title they "cancel" only to relauch with a new #1, I won't buy anymore. The just reverted Thor's numbering not too long ago and that's launching with a new #1 and now Daredevil. I'm done.

Daredevil was doing fine in my store - we ordered 30 copies a month and sold 30 copies a month.

Then they had the great change to Black Panther: Man without Fear :P

On Monday we send off our order to Diamond with an order for 2 copies of Black Panther: Man without Fear :frustrated:

Will the DD fans come back in July?

most will but it won't be as many as 30 and certainly wont make up for the money we've lost in the last few months.

Brubaker? hm

No.

All due respect to Miller - his DD run was fantastic - but the run that Bendis & Maleev had on the second Daredevil series was equally superb. I'm genuinely excited about this.

Daredevil was doing fine in my store - we ordered 30 copies a month and sold 30 copies a month.

Then they had the great change to Black Panther: Man without Fear :P

On Monday we send off our order to Diamond with an order for 2 copies of Black Panther: Man without Fear :frustrated:

Will the DD fans come back in July?

most will but it won't be as many as 30 and certainly wont make up for the money we've lost in the last few months.

Now that I saw actual confirmation that DD is getting a reboot, I just pulled Black Panther off of my pull list. I was hanging in just in case DD came back, but doesn't look like that will be the case after all.