• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Write your own captions #2

16 posts in this topic

You might want to edit that one caption. This is a family forum after all.

How am I supposed to take my search for Buzzy 70 seriously after this ??

Oh well - at least one thing's for sure.

If anyone finds it with a piece out of the cover where the number is, then at least everyone will now recognise it.

Buzzy 70 becomes more notorious than Action 1 and Detective 27.

And it still guides in Overstreet at ten bucks.

Hey Ian, maybe if you indicate how much money you're willing to spend for VG copies of the remaining books on your list, someone will have more of an incentive to dig through their old GA books to see if they can find one. (Doesn't have to be your "top" price, perhaps just an amount sufficiently over guide to get people to look through their backstock.

Personally, I've been through all of the GA backstock of five local stores here in the SF Bay Area, and haven't been able to find any of your remaining books. But if I do, you can have them for cost plus shipping and an autographed picture of your collection when you're done.

You might want to edit that one caption. This is a family forum after all.

How am I supposed to take my search for Buzzy 70 seriously after this ??

Oh well - at least one thing's for sure.

If anyone finds it with a piece out of the cover where the number is, then at least everyone will now recognise it.

Buzzy 70 becomes more notorious than Action 1 and Detective 27.

And it still guides in Overstreet at ten bucks.

Hey Ian, maybe if you indicate how much money you're willing to spend for VG copies of the remaining books on your list, someone will have more of an incentive to dig through their old GA books to see if they can find one.

I did that once.

These are approximate prices in good to VG.

NEW ADVENTURE COMICS - 17, 22, 26, 27 - $1500 each

THE BIG BOOK OF FUN COMICS - 1 - $5000

BUZZY - 70 - $1000

DETECTIVE COMICS - 3 - $3000

DETECTIVE COMICS - 4, 5 - $1500 each

THE FLASH Original Series - 43 - $1000

HEART THROBS - 66 - $400

HERE'S HOWIE - 17 - $400

LEADING SCREEN - 68 - $300

SCRIBBLY - 6 - $500

These are only approximate prices for low grades and all are above guide (Buzzy 70 is 100 times guide)

Everything is negotiable.

Plus I have AWESOME swaps and trades.

Lots of spare Golden Age.

Have you checked this website out?

http://www.mycomicshop.com/megastore/search.cfm

I've bought lots of things from these people. Accurate grading, and quick shipping. Recommended!

Yes that's Lonestar in Texas.

I bought a lot of comics off them a year ago.

The last four comics I bought went completely missing in the post. I got a refund, but it was very frustrating having to replace them.

Ian,

I did reach out to a golden age collector from Germany that I've dealt with in the past. After I sent your short list telling him it was for an acquaintance (without naming you), he replied, "I have none of Ian Levine's wants." Small world apparently, but hey I did try...

Wilhelm sends his regards nonetheless.

Ian,

I did reach out to a golden age collector from Germany that I've dealt with in the past. After I sent your short list telling him it was for an acquaintance (without naming you), he replied, "I have none of Ian Levine's wants." Small world apparently, but hey I did try...

Wilhelm sends his regards nonetheless.

Are you sure it wasn't Sascha from Neues Antiquariat ???

No, I don't know a Sascha. The fellow I know is a long-time golden age collector named Wilhelm Uthe. He's put together long runs of the early DC's, Nedors and Fox books. I traded him a More Fun 73 for a Golden Age Captain America and a couple of Marvel Mystery Comics a couple years ago, and I traded him a Big 3 #1 for an All Winners #8 straight up last year or the year before. An honest gentleman.

Perhaps the Ian Levine quest was brought to his attention by some other intermediary that he's dealt with in the past (like maybe this Sascha person perhaps)? confused-smiley-013.gif Anyway, he ain't got none Ian!

No, I don't know a Sascha. The fellow I know is a long-time golden age collector named Wilhelm Uthe. Perhaps the Ian Levine quest was brought to his attention by some other intermediary that he's dealt with in the past (like maybe this Sascha person perhaps)?

Sascha sold me Flash 4, 18, 29, New Comics 1, More Fun 15, 16, 58, 60, Green Lantern 2, and several other gems.

Strange to find such rare Golden Age in Germany.