• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Computer mods?

47 posts in this topic

Have any of you guys ever built a computer mod?

Basically, this means to design and build a custom case for your computer. It's usually done with a specific theme, such as these...

wood-PC-1.jpg

steampunk-computer-mod.png

r2computer_1.jpg

pc-computer-case-mod-pc-tires.jpg

There are people that do these mods and are every bit as fanatical about it as we nerds are about funny books. Then there are some that are a combination of the two.

I have a friend that is friends with a guy that teaches auto body at a technical school. As a class project, he and the students were going to build a computer mod with an Iron Man theme, but it seems they took it a step further.

What follows is a step-by-step progression of their creation. It is phenomenal to say the least. I'm pulling the pictures off Facebook, and I'll copy the descriptions from there where they are listed.

Fasten your seatbelts. This is going to blow you away.

Keep in mind that this is a case for a desktop computer.

So, I guess you guys have realized by now that the computer mod is going to be a full sized Iron Man suit.

The computer components are going to be put inside the mannequin, and the suit is built around it.

Is this like in the movie where he says it's a computer mod he's building but instead it's a suit of high tech armor capable of really cool stuff?

lol(worship)