• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's the Biggest of the BSDs?

103 posts in this topic

He has high grades of Action 1 and Detective 27.

he has MULTIPLE copies of them...

and even if he sold off ten boxes last year, hes still got a "warehouse full'" more

or so the legend states..

So I'm told.

He could have 9.8s of Action 1 and Detective 27, and we wouldn't even know about them. When you're THAT rich, you get to write your own rules.

I wasn't offended by your post, I do like your point and it was well taken.

I did a whole rant and rave on Posse's and of course offended a few who were in them. Posse's basically pick a dealer and proceed to hang around his booth. It becomes the dump zone for bags, coats and I've even seen a few deals taking place at a dealers booth. Bill Hughes has by far the best posse in California, I've referred to Bill as the "Elvis of Comics".

He ain't nuthin but a Hound Dog. 27_laughing.gif

Timely

I wasn't offended by your post, I do like your point and it was well taken.

I did a whole rant and rave on Posse's and of course offended a few who were in them. Posse's basically pick a dealer and proceed to hang around his booth. It becomes the dump zone for bags, coats and I've even seen a few deals taking place at a dealers booth. Bill Hughes has by far the best posse in California, I've referred to Bill as the "Elvis of Comics".

He ain't nuthin but a Hound Dog. 27_laughing.gif

Timely

5_5_137.gif

I wonder how John Verzyl's collection would compare to Geppi's. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Geppi did sell a large portion of his collectio off, but he's done it many times and will continue to, no doubt. Verzyl's collection is undescribeable! He showed me a few of his runs, such as the Zip MH run and his "doubles" on his Marvel Mystery run, etc...He easily has one of the top 10 collections in the world! If you count condition as a factor, I'd say top 3!

Timely

There aren't but he also owns some major baseball or basketball team, and I happen to have it on very good authority that he actually IS a billionaire.

Plus I feel CERTAIN he has health insurance too.

He doesn't entirely own the Baltimore Orioles, does he? I thought he was one of several owners.

I didn't mean he sold them to pay for his health problems, I just heard his health changed his priorities. Nic Cage didn't sell all his books because he's poor, he said he did it because his priorities changed. Happens to everybody sooner or later.

It matters because those two specific copies are known to be the two best books in the entire hobby- not because of the pedigree. Although the pedigree status certainly doesn't hurt.

Didn't Fishler say on here that he has seen another unpedigreed 9.2 copy of Action 1 somewhere?

There aren't but he also owns some major baseball or basketball team, and I happen to have it on very good authority that he actually IS a billionaire.

He doesn't entirely own the Baltimore Orioles, does he? I thought he was one of several owners.

I didn't mean he sold them to pay for his health problems, I just heard his health changed his priorities. Nic Cage didn't sell all his books because he's poor, he said he did it because his priorities changed. Happens to everybody sooner or later.

Geppi is just a minority owner of the Orioles. Unfortunately the majority owner is that schmuck Peter Angelos. Geppi is certainly very wealthy, but I don't believe he's ever been included in the Forbes 400, which he probably would be if he were a billionaire.

It matters because those two specific copies are known to be the two best books in the entire hobby- not because of the pedigree. Although the pedigree status certainly doesn't hurt.

Didn't Fishler say on here that he has seen another unpedigreed 9.2 copy of Action 1 somewhere?

Zillatoy reccently mentioned that there's another one that would grade above 9.0. He didn't peg it at a specific grade.

Geppi is just a minority owner of the Orioles. Unfortunately the majority owner is that schmuck Peter Angelos. Geppi is certainly very wealthy, but I don't believe he's ever been included in the Forbes 400, which he probably would be if he were a billionaire.

The cutoff last year was 600 million. No mamanook.

They base that on known holdings though, don't they? If he doesn't have large holdings of publicly traded companies, his net worth is probably hard to pin an exact value upon, and is also probably a lot higher than Forbes thinks it is. He may very well have over $600 million, and it's just that Forbes doesn't have verifiable evidence of that.

The cutoff last year was 600 million. No mamanook.

They base that on known holdings though, don't they? If he doesn't have large holdings of publicly traded companies, his net worth is probably hard to pin an exact value upon, and is also probably a lot higher than Forbes thinks it is. He may very well have over $600 million, and it's just that Forbes doesn't have verifiable evidence of that.

Sure, it's always possible to miss people, particularly those with purely privately held assets. But Forbes is pretty good at sniffing out where the money is and valuing private assets. There's quite a few members of the Forbes 400 whose fortunes are privately held. And Geppi is not a low profile guy.

the dentist who owns the mile high action1 and allentown tec 27 is THE MAN

top 2 books, in best known condition- BLOWS away everything else, anything else, whether theyre complete 9.6 marvel runs or dc runs or timely runs or whatever

Action Comics #1 9.2 MH copy Vs Marvel Comics #1 9.8 MH copy. Hmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Timely