• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age Hierarchy - 19th to 21st

19th to 21st  

228 members have voted

1. 1. 19th to 21st

61 posts in this topic

All,

thanks for the continuing strong vote participation. 78 people participated in the previous round.

The list after the last round:

22nd TTA #27

23rd Action #252

24th Tec #225

25th OAAW #83

26th B&B #34

27th GL #1

28th JLA #1

29th ASM #3

30th Flash #123

31st ASM #50

This poll will hopefully determine the placings for 19th, 20th and 21st.

You have 3 votes accordingly.

As with the last poll please vote for the least important books

ASM 1

FLASH 105

SGT. FURY 1

yeah.

Wasn't Flash 105 the first SA attempt to give a hero his own mag? As such, it's a good milestone for the resurgence of comics and superheroes.

Exactly. It`s not the same as ASM 1, GL 1, JLA 1, etc.

Bummer. I'm trying not to let me my DC bias get in the way of voting, but it's tough. I couldn't care less about the first appearance of Dr. Doom or J. Jonah, but I get that they're a big deal in the comic world. Still, it's hard...

ASM 1

FLASH 105

SGT. FURY 1

yeah.

Wasn't Flash 105 the first SA attempt to give a hero his own mag? As such, it's a good milestone for the resurgence of comics and superheroes.

I don't buy into this argument. Superman didn't need a superhero 'resurgence' in the Atomic Age to spawn two new titles and I think far too much unwarrented emphasis is placed on Flash 105. It's the characters 5th? appearance.

End of rant.

ASM 1

FLASH 105

SGT. FURY 1

yeah.

I don't buy into this argument. Superman didn't need a superhero 'resurgence' in the Atomic Age to spawn two new titles and I think far too much unwarrented emphasis is placed on Flash 105. It's the characters 5th? appearance.

End of rant.

Superman is different, as are Batman and Wonder Woman. They were never new in the SA. Superman and Batman were already in lots of different titles and any new titles for them were no big deal.

In contrast, SA Flash, and all of the other new SA DC heroes, were brand new and getting their own titles were a big deal. Kind of the seal of approval that they were successful enough to get their own titles, and Flash 105 was the first.

ASM 1

FLASH 105

SGT. FURY 1

yeah.

End of rant.

Superman is different, as are Batman and Wonder Woman. They were never new in the SA. Superman and Batman were already in lots of different titles and any new titles for them were no big deal.

In contrast, SA Flash, and all of the other new SA DC heroes, were brand new and getting their own titles were a big deal. Kind of the seal of approval that they were successful enough to get their own titles, and Flash 105 was the first.

All true. Even if you don't like Flash, or don't care about his 5th appearance, it's still a milestone in the resurgence of comics. After about a decade of superheroes' being kaput, there was finally enough interest to allow a new guy to support his own title. Even if you don't think the SA Flash is "a new guy," just a revamped Jay Garrick (against which I'd argue vehemently), it's still a pretty big deal that a superhero other than the big three was finally popular enough to go out on his own.