• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to sell?

22 posts in this topic

As a person that is trying to transform from an accumulator to a collector I was wondering where people have the most success selling their books. Now I realize this has come up before but I wondered is there is a different answer for different types of books? Do common bronze/age silver age keys sell better in one place or another? What about the niche book that is a census high (or tied) and while in guide it isn't all that valuable to the right person it is gold?

As an aside I realize that people dislike it (understandably) when people use this forum to advertise in the cgc selling forums so to be clear I am no doing that.

Well, what do you own? If it's a bunch of comics like the one in your avatar, I'm sure the local Salvation Army would love to have them.

Well done.

I was trying to be generic but most are bronze age keys and graded.

Well, what do you own? If it's a bunch of comics like the one in your avatar, I'm sure the local Salvation Army would love to have them.

Well done.

That would do very well right here.

Well you certainly cannot go wrong by starting on the for sale threads here...it is cost free, and you can name your price (fielding offers if it is negotiable). It is likely that from there you will get a sense of the level of interest in your books...unfortunately bronze has been going south like (funny joke removed to protect the innocent). Depending on when you bought, you may have to prepare for a bit of a loss since they are off their peak. Seems to me that failing here eBay may be your best bet...seems to be fading interest in bronze on the link and a whole lot of bronze books (non-slabbed mind you) just tanked in the Comic Connect auction.

There that's my good boardie deed for the day :whee:

SE

I have found these boards to be a great wealth of knowledge and have sold many things here. This place is by far one of the best if you don't want to get taken for a ride and want to deal with honest people.

I am looking to expand my sales as well, and was wondering the same thing. It seems the only real viable option is sleezebay. Which I hate.

There is many online comic stores which you can submit a list of your collection and they can help you out. Keep in mind most places you should watch out for scammers and people trying to take advantage of you, such as yahoo groups or similar area.

Hope this helps,

Jake

:acclaim:

Really though, if you detail what you have in your collection it would be much easier to help you out here.

Thanks. I have heard people get upset because people were advertising for the selling thread in the main topic thread before so I didn't want to be accused of trying to do that!

Well done.

Sure - if you price them at 50% GPA.

Well done.

Seriously? Once you factor in saved fees too?

Well done.

That's pretty jaded.

Well done.

That's pretty jaded.

It was obviously an exaggeration, but it really isn't that far from the truth - time & time again you see fairly-priced books languish in sales threads here, yet when they're marked up & moved to ebay they sell immediately :shrug:

You know, you have the wrong attitude and react to people in a very harsh and divisive way.

You know, you have the wrong attitude and react to people in a very harsh and divisive way.

lol

:foryou:

It was obviously an exaggeration, but it really isn't that far from the truth - time & time again you see fairly-priced books languish in sales threads here, yet when they're marked up & moved to ebay they sell immediately :shrug:

True'dat, true'dat :sumo: