• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarzan printing plates

5 posts in this topic

I recently obtained a couple of Tarzan printing plates which I would appreciate your help in indentifying in regard to where they were reprinted.

The first is Tarzan Sunday page #339, 9-5-37, that was reprinted in Tip Top Comics. I would appreciate knowing what issue and page number if anyone can determine this without too much work.

The second is Tarzan Sunday page #346, 10-24-37, that was reprinted in Sparkler Comics. Assuming the pages were reprinted sequentially, this page should have appeared in issue #1, 2, or 3. Again, I would appreciate knowing the issue and page number.

At some point, I will cover them with printer's ink and get some images and post them.

Thanks,

Richard

I recently obtained a couple of Tarzan printing plates which I would appreciate your help in indentifying in regard to where they were reprinted.

The first is Tarzan Sunday page #339, 9-5-37, that was reprinted in Tip Top Comics. I would appreciate knowing what issue and page number if anyone can determine this without too much work.

The second is Tarzan Sunday page #346, 10-24-37, that was reprinted in Sparkler Comics. Assuming the pages were reprinted sequentially, this page should have appeared in issue #1, 2, or 3. Again, I would appreciate knowing the issue and page number.

At some point, I will cover them with printer's ink and get some images and post them.

Thanks,

Richard

Isn't that an early Hogarth page? Should be printed around TT 61 or 62 based on Overstreet. Does that help?

3343637230_97a68d7d3d_z.jpg

Congrats on picking these up Rich! I can't wait to see you print some pages - that will be really cool. I'm really regreting now that I didn't grab one of the Foster plates that the guy had, but those all went quickly. I think Baltimore Lauren might have gotten one though.