• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about one of my CGC'd books

4 posts in this topic

hi, i just recently purchased a CGC'd ultimate x-men #12a signed w/ sketch... but to my sprise it's a green lable, however it doesn't say any defect on the label but it says:

"NAME, SKETCH & "20/299" WRITTEN ON COVER IN MARKER."

and thats it, i also have with it a COA saying 30/299 signed by blah blah blah.. so it cant be fake! i dont think.

why does it have a green label? aint that reserved for damaged books? does it decress the value with a green lable? what can do, re-cgc it for a yellow lable????? thanks a lot, bye.

The only way CGC will give a book with a sig on it a yellow label is if CGC witnesses the signing. When they give a green label it's because they can't verify the sig. The book being worth more or less is totally dependant on the current market for that book/artist/writer/whatever.

The value of the book is totally dependent on the market for the particular book. The actual CGC grade is an important factor as well. Don't worry about the green label, so long as you keep the COA with it. I know that I wouldn't hesitate to buy a green label book if it was due to a signature, AND there was a COA. However, I'd prefer a yellow label copy if it existed.