• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collectors - Fervour or Favour

126 posts in this topic

Banner i dont think you read my post correctly. It was NOT my book and should NOT have been listed and therefore it should STILL be in my friends hands.

Dude, you obviously fooked up by selling your friend's book without his permission (I guess?), and frankly, it's absurd for you to be upset at the buyer for wanting to keep the book. This is between you and your friend, not you and the buyer. Sounds to me like you're trying to find someone else to blame for your mistake... 893naughty-thumb.gif

Banner i dont think you read my post correctly. It was NOT my book and should NOT have been listed and therefore it should STILL be in my friends hands.

Dude, you obviously fooked up by selling your friend's book without his permission (I guess?), and frankly, it's absurd for you to be upset at the buyer for wanting to keep the book. This is between you and your friend, not you and the buyer. Sounds to me like you're trying to find someone else to blame for your mistake... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I've read all this and I've come to the conclusion that there are actually three people

who are to blame for the situation.

Person #1 - The person who listed a book they didn't own.

Person #2 - The person who accepted money for a book they didn't own.

Person #3 - The person who mailed out a book they didn't own.

So, make sure to spread the blame equally. grin.gif

I dont think the world revolves around me either so we are agreed upon there. The reason i posted in the first place was because i saw the words 'mean spirited collectors' and decided i would give my examples to fit that description. I did not have a verbal agreement with Ted i sent it on a wants lists via e-mail and indeed he is a busy man which is why he forgot and when he realised he tried to sort it out but it did not happen for reasons ive already explained. Did the buyer have a triple cover comic on his wants list with Ted, probably not, he just saw it on his website and sent it in to CGC to then sell it when it would have stayed in my collection. It is not wrong in any way to relinquish a book because i want it more but there is NO DOUBT the comic collecting world has become a mean spirited one. sign-rantpost.gif

Ya see, I wanted this Double Action #2 from a guy who had talked to Vincent....

Really ?????

How FABULOUS.

I know where there's another copy for sale.

It's yours if I can make a small commission out of it.

I wish you'd told me earlier.

Dont forget folks that Goldust Comics has a fantastic array of Golen/Silver/Bronze comics so please visit their website. Andy if its all the same to you i'd rather you pay me cash at the next mart.

Ah - he's from England.

Which one are you ???????

Sounds like the seller was trying to bluff you into paying more for the book. I dont know why he did not stick to the deal he made with you in the first place. You should have seen the e-mails i got after the auction when the Strange Tales ended. All sorts of offers offering more money but i never break a deal regardless of whats on the table i for one still have ethics(another word ive seen a bit on the boards lately). Still im glad it all worked out for you. If you have any stories of collectors who did you a good turn id like to hear them. thumbsup2.gif

I'm probably reading your post wrong, but the words "Ted" (Superworld) and "mean-spirited" just don't go together. Ted is one of the nicest, straight-up guys in the biz. I'd be very surprised if he purposely didn't sell you the triple cover.

Welcome to the boards! (As if we needed another Brit! grin.gif)

I assume your reply was supposed to be directed at me. If it was then ill answer it.

1. I agree. But this is an exceptional case as it wasnt my book to start off with. You can still call it business if you like but i call it mean-spirited.

2. I dont want to continue with this as the person has apologised

3. You've lost me on this one.

When i attend my next mart ive going in with 2 Dobermans and a machine gun and if anybody even dares to look at a book im interested in, well they have got it coming. Is that aggressive enough? grin.gif

Sorry for the delay folks my wife cooks a mean curry and rice and i wouldnt miss it for the world but im back. Banner, the reason i started this post was because i read a post by delekkerste and wanted to add my thoughts on the mean spritedness of collectors. Now when i give an example and people like you cant see this then believe me its frightening. Im not looking for anyone else to blame as i admit its my fault but given the exceptional circumstances dont you think the buyer is being a bit of a #+"%*#. No you dont think so. If it was a treasued book you owned that was sold by your friend i am sure you would be in contact with the buyer trying to get it back, no, I tell you what send me your most treasured comic one that you dont really want to sell and i'll put it on ebay and sell it anyway. Once i give you the money that should be it and you should not be upset with anyone tonofbricks.gif

no, I tell you what send me your most treasured comic one that you dont really want to sell and i'll put it on ebay and sell it anyway.

'zackly... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I thought this was a U.K forum that has been invaded by Yanks 27_laughing.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

IMO, there are way too many Canadians on these boards. Strike that. Just one too many. Now, who could that be? sumo.gif

Sorry for the delay folks my wife cooks a mean curry and rice and i wouldnt miss it for the world but im back. Banner, the reason i started this post was because i read a post by delekkerste and wanted to add my thoughts on the mean spritedness of collectors. Now when i give an example and people like you cant see this then believe me its frightening. Im not looking for anyone else to blame as i admit its my fault but given the exceptional circumstances dont you think the buyer is being a bit of a #+"%*#. No you dont think so. If it was a treasued book you owned that was sold by your friend i am sure you would be in contact with the buyer trying to get it back, no, I tell you what send me your most treasured comic one that you dont really want to sell and i'll put it on ebay and sell it anyway. Once i give you the money that should be it and you should not be upset with anyone tonofbricks.gif

You must be a goons fan or just naturally loony. Why would Banner give you his most prized possession knowing that you would sell it. insane.gif With friends like you who would need enemies. You sold the bloody thing without your friends blessing. 893naughty-thumb.gif