• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Grading Speed

24 posts in this topic

The bad news---after two weeks, CGC is still working on 12/1 for economy.

The good news--I was told that they just made two hires--should help in getting the books back out.

Doubt it as convention season is starting to ramp up and is usually a time that turnaround times start slipping even further. The hires may have been a little late....

Jim

Don't forget, there's still only one resto guy... shouldn't matter how many graders they have so long as ALL the books have to go through the hands of ONE man. Bottleneck effect and all that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I heard the bottleneck is in the encapsulation part

Yep,...heard that too,...at least for Moderns,...but the grading is backed up for economy....

It has been WELL established that CGC is really, really freakin slow. They admit it, we're all bent out of shape about it, etc.

So how come they still claim an estimated turnaround time that is so much faster than reality? How long has it been since Economy actually took 40 business days, or Moderns 20?

At this point they're perfectly aware that the real turnaround will be far longer than that. Why not say so?

Its the same story in the Coin world for me... long, slow submissions....

What I tend to do with coins is I send in a submission every other week, so after the intial wait..... I always have freshly graded material coming in.......

But I get coins graded and sell......

I have never sold a comic... yet........

But if I was, I would do this, send in small batches every week or every other week, to keep a fresh supply in..... a small inventory if you will....

I like this strategy even as a collector, because I get packages all the time and I love the excitement of opening that package to discover your ggrades....

Its the same story in the Coin world for me... long, slow submissions....

What I tend to do with coins is I send in a submission every other week, so after the intial wait..... I always have freshly graded material coming in.......

But I get coins graded and sell......

I have never sold a comic... yet........

But if I was, I would do this, send in small batches every week or every other week, to keep a fresh supply in..... a small inventory if you will....

I like this strategy even as a collector, because I get packages all the time and I love the excitement of opening that package to discover your ggrades....

Thats the funnest part opening the packages!!!

Davidking623