• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Grading Speed

24 posts in this topic

The bad news---after two weeks, CGC is still working on 12/1 for economy.

The good news--I was told that they just made two hires--should help in getting the books back out.

That makes sense then after talking with Scott he seemed to think things were going to get better as for as getting up to speed again!

Davidking623

I wonder how they test you for working at CGC. Would assume there's some kind of grading test, and the like. Steve?

Brian

It seems they are more behind because of slabbing process so I would think that the new hires were for that department! But hey I dont know.

Davidking623

I hate the wait, however, I keep sending in small submissions.....

and boy is it exciting when that package does show up, I am always racing to open it with big wide eyes!

That Santa Claus is a Rockin Hepcat!!! And he knows me quite quite well:

Woke up this Morning and was hopin' to see...

All the nice things that santa brought me....

Before I got to the bottom of the stairs....

I saw a sight that made me hit the air....

I saw a Rock'n Roll santa....... Rock'n Roll santa.....Rock'n Roll santa rockin' and a-boppin away...

When he saw me watchin what was goin on, He said come on Lucy "Lets Gets real Gone....

Take off your slippers and put on your shoes, Daddy's gonna show you how to bop the blues!"

I saw a Rock'n Roll santa....... Rock'n Roll santa.....Rock'n Roll santa rockin' and a-boppin away...

ROCK santa!

That Crazy ol Santa brought me this one Christmas, and the Kitty was rollin'!

nm31.jpg

The good news--I was told that they just made two hires--should help in getting the books back out.

They are now shipping moderns from 1/27/04.... after two weeks that jumped up exactly.... ONE DAY! It was 1/26/04 before the latest update.

foreheadslap.gif

They are now shipping moderns from 1/27/04.... after two weeks that jumped up exactly.... ONE DAY! It was 1/26/04 before the latest update.

foreheadslap.gif

I know, dude--two weeks and they are still grading at 12/1...I was told that a ton of books came in for an upcoming show. I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully it's not a train! (visualize favorite W. E. Coyote death scene)

foreheadslap.gif

I know, dude--two weeks and they are still grading at 12/1...I was told that a ton of books came in for an upcoming show. I just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, hopefully it's not a train! (visualize favorite W. E. Coyote death scene)

Wait for nexts months Superman Jim Lee's insane.gif

Doubt it as convention season is starting to ramp up and is usually a time that turnaround times start slipping even further. The hires may have been a little late....

Jim

foreheadslap.gif

I called around early March and was told my package had been received mid-Feb and was about 4 weeks from shipping, or maybe even could ship as early as 3 weeks from the date of the call. Watched the "now shipping" date move convincingly for about a week or so and then WHAM, they hit the wall.

Wonder which tier is getting all the time and attention?

Doubt it as convention season is starting to ramp up and is usually a time that turnaround times start slipping even further. The hires may have been a little late....

Jim

Don't forget, there's still only one resto guy... shouldn't matter how many graders they have so long as ALL the books have to go through the hands of ONE man. Bottleneck effect and all that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good News the two new hires have helped

Economy 12/3/03 +2 days devil.gif

Modern* 1/27/04 +1 days devil.gif

Jim

Don't forget, there's still only one resto guy... shouldn't matter how many graders they have so long as ALL the books have to go through the hands of ONE man. Bottleneck effect and all that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I heard the bottleneck is in the encapsulation part