• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

be still, your d.c. hearts

32 posts in this topic

lol Billy your so mean to those DC collectors, I love it.

He'll have nothing to do with characters that have kid sidekicks, super-pets, any of that silly stuff!

-- except for maybe Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, Uncle Marvel, three Lieutenants Marvel (Tall Bill, Fat Billy and Hill Billy), Tawky Tawny and Hoppy the Marvel Bunny -- but no silly stuff.

Jack

lol

Knew I'd seen that hat before.

denver.jpg

that's from the andy hardy flick where mickey said "hey, we can put on a show!" oh, wait, that's in all of them.

Andy Hardy was more about moral lessons and growing up but "Babes on Broadway" and other Busby Berkeley movies (4 of them) that Mickey starred in had some flimsy excuse to put on a show. Mickey has had a gigantic career, from Boys Town to Dumbo to Night at the Museum, he has always given his best energy filled performance. And from an on line source...

"Busby Berkeley was one of the greatest choreographers in the U.S. movie musical. He started his career in the US Army in 1918, as a lieutenant in the artillery conducting and directing parades. After the cease fire he was ordered to stage camp shows for the soldiers." After WWI he was putting on musical shows instead of bombarding the enemy with artillery shells, just like the stories in so many musicals like South Pacific and White Christmas.

He'll have nothing to do with characters that have kid sidekicks, super-pets, any of that silly stuff!

-- except for maybe Captain Marvel Jr., Mary Marvel, Uncle Marvel, three Lieutenants Marvel (Tall Bill, Fat Billy and Hill Billy), Tawky Tawny and Hoppy the Marvel Bunny -- but no silly stuff.

Jack

Don't forget Freckles Marvel.

Jack

Never heard of her!

"Uncle Marvel's niece Freckles Marvel was an irregular companion of Mary Marvel in her Golden Age solo adventures."

That doesn't sound silly, does it?

Jack

Jack

Never heard of her!

"Uncle Marvel's niece Freckles Marvel was an irregular companion of Mary Marvel in her Golden Age solo adventures."

That doesn't sound silly, does it?

Jack

if someone will show me a raboy mary marvel cover, it's on my list. am not aware of one tho'---always looking to pick up books o'street missed on the cover art listings.

Jack

lol

i've got the d.c. defenders tag-teaming me!!!! this is just not fair!

p.s. here's my new d.c.! love this little run, but i'll be good and not try to complete it---needed this 'un for my ped type set.

ps6.jpg