• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is ARCHIE #1 the new ACTION #1?

49 posts in this topic

Why is everyone taking this question so seriously? Everyone is rushing so frantically to Action #1s defense as if they`re genuinely concerned that Archie #1 could be overtaking Action #1.

Relax, dudes.

Well a single Archie Digest has monthly sales of over 100,000 copies a month on the newstands while Action/ Superman have both combined sales for a little over 80,000 a month at the lcs,In fact the Archie Digests outsell even Batman and Spider-man regular titles on a monthly basis, so who knows with future generations ? hm

but wait!.....................................................................................................

:idea:

It won`t happen because even though the Archie comic books outsell them big players on a monthly basis , many more people went to see Batman,Spider-man and Superman movies this decade then read Archie comics, so yeah Archie is popular but not on Superman`s level.

Why is everyone taking this question so seriously? Everyone is rushing so frantically to Action #1s defense as if they`re genuinely concerned that Archie #1 could be overtaking Action #1.

Relax, dudes.

yeah... All you dudes just relax!

Who the f :censored: uck is Archie?

Who isn't he...he is a fictional cartoon character based on the life of Sir Archie Donovan. 1938 and 1942 Olympic Gold medalist, 1944 Congressional Medal of Honor recipient for Bravery in Battle in the Pacific, 1956 Nobel Prize recipient for his research in quantum mechanics, 1966 Nobel Peace Prize recipient for his "Turn the other cheek" movement in Zimbabwe, the man that discovered underwater pyramids in the shores of Japan in 1972...

Who's Archie..are you kidding me..Archie is Superman!!!

Who the f :censored: uck is Archie?

Who isn't he...he is a fictional cartoon character based on the life of Sir Archie Donovan. 1938 and 1942 Olympic Gold medalist, 1944 Congressional Medal of Honor recipient for Bravery in Battle in the Pacific, 1956 Nobel Prize recipient for his research in quantum mechanics, 1966 Nobel Peace Prize recipient for his "Turn the other cheek" movement in Zimbabwe, the man that discovered underwater pyramids in the shores of Japan in 1972...

Who's Archie..are you kidding me..Archie is Superman!!!

I was waiting for the Dos Equis punchline at the end of that (thumbs u

but wait!.....................................................................................................

It won`t happen because even though the Archie comic books outsell them big players on a monthly basis , many more people went to see Batman,Spider-man and Superman movies this decade then read Archie comics, so yeah Archie is popular but not on Superman`s level.

Maybe there will be Archie movies someday soon, too. hm

If you're trying to hit a home run /blockbuster with it, it would be one hard movie to make. I wouldn't envy the director handed that -script or the writer handed that assignment. If you're trying to make a good movie, big budget, launch it as a powerhouse franchise, that sort of thing.

Now if you're just trying to make a bit of money, one-time, on a sort of cheaper budget picture I think it could be done reasonably easily. Just cast a couple of the hottest starlets you can as Betty and Veronica and make the movie all about them. Archie's just a prop.

Archie 1 cgc 8.5 = 167,000

Action 1 cgc 8.5 = 1.5 million

so I would say yes, they are the same, and Archie 1 has become the new Action 1, with the only differences being desirability, their historical importance and price.

(thumbs u

I say yes.

It's not - is Archie equivalent to superman in popularity or movie sales or impact on pop culture.

As a comic is Archie 1 the new Action 1 and the answer is yes even more so.

As a mega key this book is rare desired and has had massive growth in price reflecting that. I don't think 2011 is the year of Action 1. Last year or two Action 1 rose in value reflecting its rarity and desirability. Collectors noticed and new buyers entered the market. Same is true for Archie 1 this year.

How else would you describe something replacing last years action of Action 1?

Of course calling something the "new something" has jumped the shark the way jumped the shark has jumped the shark.

It ain't hip anymore, daddy-o.

Well a single Archie Digest has monthly sales of over 100,000 copies a month on the newstands while Action/ Superman have both combined sales for a little over 80,000 a month at the lcs,In fact the Archie Digests outsell even Batman and Spider-man regular titles on a monthly basis, so who knows with future generations ? hm

where are those digest #s from? i thought the comics had dropped a lot, but i guess the disgests are distributed differently.

what i can't figure out is why there isn't an archie cartoon nowadays. clearly, spin-offs like sabrina and josie did fine.

they must play old archie cartoons somewhere on tv because my 5 y.o. son knew archie from somewhere.

where are those digest #s from? i thought the comics had dropped a lot, but i guess the disgests are distributed differently.

what i can't figure out is why there isn't an archie cartoon nowadays. clearly, spin-offs like sabrina and josie did fine.

they must play old archie cartoons somewhere on tv because my 5 y.o. son knew archie from somewhere.

They still mail their comics second class postage, they are there, remember how DC and Marvel use to have those yearly statements? Well Archie Comics still does that.

btw Mad magazine still does it and they have sales of over 180,000!

Interesting that Archie Digests and Mad that are both sold at newstands and supermarkets pulled in pretty decent sales without any help from the lcs.