• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why so serious?

43 posts in this topic

I liked Machinist. Thought it was great. Also most other roles he's played thus far he has done them well IMHO. I haven't seen the Fighter or whatever one he's in with MW yet but......

Thought his role as Bruce Wayne was dark enough for a fit.

The Machinist is the one where he gets super thin but it's a perfect match for the role as he's not eating or sleeping and just withering away in the movie on the verge of snapping or just passed the snap mark mentally. Couldn't believe how thin he got for that role. Nuts!!

I think he go a little thinner than he needed to for The Fighter. After the Machinist And then bulkin up for Batman I got worried about his health if he did this again. To have that much of a dramatic loss and gain can manor strain on the heart but especially when you do it more than once. I think he put back on 100 lbs after The Machinist for Batman Begins.

I think he go a little thinner than he needed to for The Fighter. After the Machinist And then bulkin up for Batman I got worried about his health if he did this again. To have that much of a dramatic loss and gain can manor strain on the heart but especially when you do it more than once. I think he put back on 100 lbs after The Machinist for Batman Begins.

De Niro did the same thing for his roles as Jake LaMotta and Al Capone. Not the healthiest thing in the world, I'm sure, but he's still around...

fat+bob.jpg

And, yes, De Niro is also darker, edgier, and cooler than Bale (but not British, I know).