• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective comics 69 posted by Amazing Saul

3 posts in this topic

Auctions and thoughts

A few weeks ago or a week ago...I was trying to win an auction at HA.com for a tech69 at a 6.0. I was actually the highest bidder at around $1400. I thought I had the book when the Live part of the auction came around and I was busy with Family and I literally lost the book for someone who paid $50 more dollars. The book sold at double the overstreet price guide!

I have always wanted a copy of this book but it is pretty rare and apparently desirable by many collectors. I decided I would try for a raw copy then CGC it, but for years I passed up a few and others just didnt come around.

Last night I found one on ebay! (picture shown below) it was 3x times the overstreet price... So I emailed the seller and got them to take it down to a little over double the price guide. I was okay with it. This is literally my top 5 favorite golden age covers. My Detective comics collection is raw and not CGC, I will keep this book in its case. When I find a better copy I will crack this open so it can go along with all my other raw copies. (hopefully someday)

8460.jpg

See more journals by Amazing Saul