• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SIX FLAGS "GREAT COMIC BOOK ADVENTURE" SUNDAY MAY 29TH!

65 posts in this topic

Just a reminder... park admission at the gate is $60. Comic collectors get a special discounted group rate of only $28.99, which includes the theme park and the safari park. Once you're in the park there is NO additional admission for the comicon! But, you need to prepurchase tickets using the link below:

www.SIXFLAGS.com/greatadventure/tickets/index.aspx?promo_code=COMIC

(If you already have a season pass, the comicon is free as well.)

Events at the show will include:

Charity auction to benefit The Childrens' Miracle Network.

"Comic Book School" with writer/publisher Buddy Scalera-find out how a comic book is produced from start to finish.

The real story behind the Edgar Church collection from the source... Mile High Comics president Chuck Rozanski, followed by a Q&A.

An interview with the world's only blind comic book dealer... Adam Cerniglia, followed by a Q&A.

More TBA...

Follow us on Facebook at NJ COMIC BOOK SHOWS

A number of people I've spoken to still are unaware that there is a link to buy discounted park tickets for the day of show. Regular price is $60. Use the link below to buy tickets in advance and you get into the theme park and safari park for only $28.99. No extra charge for the comicon!

www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/index.aspx?promo_code=COMIC

If anyone wants to take a hotel room the night before the show, the Days Inn in East Windsor appears to be the hotel of choice for both vendors and creators. It's about 20 minutes from the park. Decent sized room is only about $100. Did the search... NO bedbug reports... which is good since I'm sleeping there!

Cool!

Any boardies coming to the show get a $10 credit at my table!

My wife will be working the table for me while I'm running around like a nut.

She's the tall blond that won't be able to answer a single question about the books.

Bought my ticket as well. Folks, I really hope you can come out and support this show and this event. I think JP is working really hard to make it a great event and I think it will be a lot of fun.

This is kind of innovative "comic event" that could bring a few more peripheral people to the fold. I really encourage everyone to come and participate.

One question JP, is there an site in door location we should be looking to be directed to once we get into the park?

The site is easy to find. Once you enter the main gate, you will pass a number of concession booths and then enter an open area that precedes the rollercoasters. To your left about midway (on the midway) is a plain looking metal building that used to be an indoor ride. That is where the show is being held. There is freshly erected wood stockade fence along the side of the building that will hopefully be slathered with signage. There should also be someone dressed as Green Lantern outside waving you over.

From what I understand, they should also be handing out flyers with a map at admission.

The officially scheduled events are:

12:00 "Comic Book School" with writer and publisher Buddy Scalera-Find out how a comic book is created from start to finish.

1:00 Chuck Rozanski-the owner of Mile High Comics and largest comic book dealer in the world will tell the incredible story of how he found the most valuable comic book collection ever... followed by a Q&A.

2:00 A "no minimum bid" auction to benefit The Childrens' Miracle Network. Great deals for a great cause.

3:00 Find out what it's like to be the only blind comic book dealer in the world when we interview Adam Cerniglia.

4:00 What's a "Web Comic"? Danielle O'Brien and Bill Ellis, the creators of "All New Issues" will tell you!

Artists including Neal Adams, Irwin Hasen, Sean Chen, Lee Weeks, Fred Hembeck, Daxiong, Joe Giella. Doug Baron and Glenn Whitmore will be available at various times throughout the day for signing and sketching. (Additional events including some of these creators may be added during the course of the day as their comfort levels and customer activity allows.)

The final dealer list for the show is...

Dave's American Comics

Midtown Comics

Mile High Comics

Wild Pig Comics II

Gene's Comics

Comic Crusaders

Fanboy Delights

Bazookajeff's Batcave

Noatalgia Zone

Patrick Kim

Robbie C Comics

Jim O'Brien

Pug Productions

Metal Machine Enterprises

Riverside Comics

Muteki Sales

Anthony Bentivegna

Care-A-Lot Kingdom Toys

Toytastik

(Some dealers may have folks along for the ride that you know with a few comics as well)

Don't forget to buy your tickets to the park online today if you're going to the show tom'w!

$28.99 gets you the best rollercoaster park on the east coast, the largest drive-thru animal safari outside of Africa and the first comicon ever held at Great Adventure!

If all goes as well as expected, it will be an ever-growing annual event!

We know Neal Adams will be there since he is already at the park today riding the brand new Green Lantern rollercoaster!

Get your tickets at: www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/tickets/index.aspx?promo_code=COMIC