• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurecon?

23 posts in this topic

Haven't heard a word about it this year. I thought that Friday last year was pretty good, but Sat and Sun were pretty slow. Are there plans to have it this year? Even looking them up on the computer doesn't yield any information.

I agree that the building is a dump, and the town wanting extra money is a real turn off, but what else is there to do on a Memorial Day weekend?

Figures. Just means that if Wizard is serious about having a show in Nashville they should do it that weekend and take the business they used to have. True it's not Knoxville or Gatlinburg but I bet they would still get a decent draw.

Figures. Just means that if Wizard is serious about having a show in Nashville they should do it that weekend and take the business they used to have. True it's not Knoxville or Gatlinburg but I bet they would still get a decent draw.

One of the reasons it's gone is you can't do a show this close to and a week before Heroes Con and survive.

Nashville............maybe :preach:

One of the reasons it's gone is you can't do a show this close to and a week before Heroes Con and survive.

Nashville............maybe :preach:

and Wizard is waiting for our new convention center to be finished --

I never really even considered it a similar show. They always went for the media personalities to draw in the crowds more than the artists but still had a good mix. I will admit though that more than once I only went for a day instead of the whole weekend because Heroes was coming up.

O.K., so I get up this morning and I have an email saying that they have heard the fans requests and are putting on Adventurecon in Knoxville on June 10-12. They refer to their website which, when I try to go there, I can't pull up. Anybody with concrete knowledge know any more?

O.K., so I get up this morning and I have an email saying that they have heard the fans requests and are putting on Adventurecon in Knoxville on June 12-14. They refer to their website which, when I try to go there, I can't pull up. Anybody with concrete knowledge know any more?

Here is the website and the e-mail states they will begin posting guests this week. I think they will have a hard time getting a good guest list this late in the game for this year. The best news I can give is I don't see Los Vegas autographs name on the web site.

John

http://www.adventurecon.com/

I talked to a local artist in Knoxville this weekend that tried to get in touch with the new management and he basically had a couple of questions he wanted to get answered. No replies from what he said. Not sure how well this is going to go.

Ugh - Things look less than optimal with AdventureCon this year, but I'll still be going to lend my support. It's been such a great event for this area in the past, I don't want to abandon them now.