• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Amazing Spider-Man 121

12 posts in this topic

Trying to figure if this is worth slabbing

Pages Are Off White

I have even largers scans

There about 6 or non non colour breaking creases on spine

ASM 121A

ASM 121b

8.5/9.0

9.4 with if you take it to the dry cleaner and have it pressed.

Frankly, I'm tired of reading about a book's "potential" grade, particularly from people who don't know what they are talking about (no offense lol ) Whereas, a light dry cleaning will improve the appearance of this copy, pressing will do nothing to remove the spine creasing. :makepoint:

I wouldn't slab it, unless you actually want a slabbed 8.0 copy of this book.

8.5/9.0

Frankly, I'm tired of reading about a book's "potential" grade, particularly from people who don't know what they are talking about (no offense lol ) Whereas, a light dry cleaning will improve the appearance of this copy, pressing will do nothing to remove the spine creasing. :makepoint:

:sorry:

8.5/9.0

:sorry:

:foryou:

8.5/9.0

yep

8.5/9.0

yep

:sorry::sorry:

8.5/9.0

8.5 copy is what you meant to say. :sumo:

Not much incentive to slab this book.

Is any of what's happening on the back cover staining? I'm seeing some suspicious shapes up in the top of the scan that might not be foxing.

8.5 copy is what you meant to say. :sumo:

Not much incentive to slab this book.

Perhaps. ;) An 8.5 White pages may be cost effective if you don't have a lot into the book already. :)

There's about a $20 difference between 8.0/8.5. If our grading is accurate you're looking at about a $200 book give or take post slabbing.

Like divad said, "...cost effective if you don't have a lot into the book already."

We agree, and not to quibble, but "selling" is different than "pricing". At this grade, an 8.5 with WHITE pages will sell, but an 8.0 with off-white pages could sit in inventory for a while, and ultimately selling for about $50-60 less. :)