• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"March Previews Featrures Overstreet #41"

27 posts in this topic

Not the best Thor that I've seen Walt do. meh

Fortunately, I bought my copy this past year, so I can skip this set. Hopefully the 2012 covers will be a little nicer as I'm an every other year guy w/ the OS.

I like the Thor cover.

simonson's layout is fine. but everything after that is yucch. bad coloring. looks like it was colored on a xerox. bad logo. Just poor execution on Gemstones part.

same with the girls cover, except the art isnt as good.

These make John Snyder's son's cover paintings look like Alex Ross!

---overly critical aman again

I like the Thor cover.

simonson's layout is fine. but everything after that is yucch. bad coloring. looks like it was colored on a xerox. bad logo. Just poor execution on Gemstones part.

same with the girls cover, except the art isnt as good.

These make John Snyder's son's cover paintings look like Alex Ross!

---overly critical aman again

I find the girls cover bland.

Like the colors on the Thor cover - I'm tired of color palettes in comics that only consist of brown, olive, tan, grey and black. The physical coloring looks sloppy, though, as you say. Hopefully just exacerbated by the scan. :wishluck:

No real feelings about the logo.

I will get one just to see how some of the dealers spin that all comic books are the hottest thing since sliced bread, really other then western comic books every comic book is selling better then the Ipad according to a few of the dealers who do the market reports every year. ;)

does this mean I don't need to offer discounted copies to boardies (shrug)

I'm sure plenty of sheep will line up at the trough at feeding time. (thumbs u

I'll be right there with em in a few years ready to be shorn.

I'm a sheep, I admit it. But I like reading the features every year and listening to Michael Tierney cry about how much money he is not making even though he has been in business for what seems like eternity.