• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: HIGH GRADE raw 90's DCs and MARVELs

4 posts in this topic

i'm trying to put together some high-grade artist-runs of (mostly) mid-to-late 90's comics (kelley jones on batman, balent on catwoman, alan davis on excalibur/x-men, immonen, grummet, kitson, bogdanove, jurgens on superman, ton lyle on spider-man, etc etc) but i'm finding it to be extremely difficult to find these in high grades on ebay...it seems that 90% of the sellers i've dealt with on ebay have NO idea whatsoever about grading and constantly over-grade their books, and that the remaining 10% grade fairly accurately but cant manage to package them so they dont get damaged....it doesnt help that these books arent that popular and very few copies have been slabbed...not that i'd be willing to pay 10x guide just because a $3 comic is a 9.8 and encased in plastic...

but yeah, anyways, if someone could point me towards a reputable seller that would carry these types of books in nm+ or even towards some other seller's forum (other than ebay), that would be great

If interested I have all the early Balent Catwoman books, issues about #1-50 or so (not sure when Balent stopped) as well as the first 15 or 20 Excalibur issues. All those copies I picked out myself of the best on the rack, bagged and boarded (without reading) and have not been touched since. These are serious NM/NM+ books. I have many more early 90s books but none others that you mentioned besides the above. Let me know if interested in a PM. Believe me, you would not be disappointed with these books as all comics from my personal collection (which is depleting rapidly) are about as perfect as you can get. ------Sid