• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Legion's Sunday Silver Sale

30 posts in this topic

That's it for this evening- but before I quit- rather than bump last Sunday's sales thread of Golden Age, here's a recap of what was left from that thread, with links to the pages with scans. The offer on a free GA book from that thread with the Slabbed Uncle Scrooge #4 is still good.

From last Sunday:

Bumping what's left, with some enticements: any order under $100 ships for $5. Anything over $100 ships free. The Slabbed Scrooge #4 is a gem of a book, and I will throw in a free book of your choice from this thread (like the Xmas Parade :baiting: ) to whoever scoops it up, and it will ship Priority Mail, Insured, with Signature Confirmation

Page 1:

Christmas Parade #1 CGC 5.0 Off-White to White pages $100.00 (Guide=$150)

Uncle Scrooge #4 CGC 9.0 Off-White to White pages $750.00

Donald Duck (Four Color) #308 VG $30.00 Top staple missing. Some moisture damage

Donald Duck (Four Color) #408 VF- $115.00

Donald Duck (Four Color) #422 FN+ $70.00

Page 2:

Donald Duck (Four Color) 339 VF- $34

Page 3:

Woody Woodpecker (Four Color) #232 VF $50 Politically incorrect!!!! Yikes!

Woody Woodpecker (Four Color) 264 VF $30

Terry Toons #20 VG- $20

Airboy vol. 3 #4 6.5 $90

Airboy vol. 4 #10 6.0 $65 Kirby art- crease at bottom rt fc

Page 4:

King Comics #21 CGC 4.5 Off-white pages, 2 inch crack in top back of slab $60 (guide is $140)

[*] Amazing Spider-man #50 1st Kingpin 6.0 FN $125 BUY!

spidey50.jpg

What's the date stamp year on that book...April 17, 1967?

I know the book has a July month on the cover, so I've been looking for one with a July 17 date on it....and yes, I know they came out earlier, but April......

What's the date stamp year on that book...April 17, 1967?

I know the book has a July month on the cover, so I've been looking for one with a July 17 date on it....and yes, I know they came out earlier, but April......

Collin,

You'll never find one with a July date on it, unless you put it on there yourself! lol April would have been about right or even earlier. It was common practice to stamp the return date for the store, not the receipt date. So the store would have actually received this book from the distributor on March 18, 1967. April 17 would be the date the proprietor would return it to the distributor for credit (after 30 days unsold on the rack).

-d

:bump:

lots of great silver age books left in this thread, including Spidey #51,50,38,36,24,21,16,13,11

IM #55, Tower of Shadows #1, Avengers $100, FF # 49,50,52, GLGA #85-85

and the Golden Age books left over from another sales thread mentioned above.

Take more than one book, and get it shipped free. :banana:

I'M BUMPING A BUMPING OF A BUMP OF WHAT'S LEFT OVER FROM MY LAST 2 WEEKS- SOME SILVER AND GOLD. ALL BOOKS MENTIONED BELOW ARE STILL AVAILABLE.

:bump:

lots of great silver age books left in this thread, including Spidey #51,50,38,36,24,21,16,13,11

IM #55, Tower of Shadows #1, Avengers #100, FF # 49,50,52, GLGA #85-85

Take more than one book, and get it shipped free. :banana:

That's it for this evening- but before I quit- rather than bump last Sunday's sales thread of Golden Age, here's a recap of what was left from that thread, with links to the pages with scans. The offer on a free GA book from that thread with the Slabbed Uncle Scrooge #4 is still good.

From last Sunday:

Bumping what's left, with some enticements: any order under $100 ships for $5. Anything over $100 ships free. The Slabbed Scrooge #4 is a gem of a book, and I will throw in a free book of your choice from this thread (like the Xmas Parade :baiting: ) to whoever scoops it up, and it will ship Priority Mail, Insured, with Signature Confirmation

Page 1:

Christmas Parade #1 CGC 5.0 Off-White to White pages $100.00 (Guide=$150)

Uncle Scrooge #4 CGC 9.0 Off-White to White pages $750.00

Donald Duck (Four Color) #308 VG $30.00 Top staple missing. Some moisture damage

Donald Duck (Four Color) #408 VF- $115.00

Donald Duck (Four Color) #422 FN+ $70.00

Page 2:

Donald Duck (Four Color) 339 VF- $34

Page 3:

Woody Woodpecker (Four Color) #232 VF $50 Politically incorrect!!!! Yikes!

Woody Woodpecker (Four Color) 264 VF $30

Terry Toons #20 VG- $20

Airboy vol. 3 #4 6.5 $90

Airboy vol. 4 #10 6.0 $65 Kirby art- crease at bottom rt fc

Page 4:

King Comics #21 CGC 4.5 Off-white pages, 2 inch crack in top back of slab $60 (guide is $140)