• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Weirdest thing you've found while searching eBay?

73 posts in this topic

I just found this while perusing the Aussie eBay site. (That effing capital 'b' always throws me!)

NearMint BMW Part

How can someone 'accidently' do this??

BMW part ... Comic Book??

And it looks like a male ... ... shall we call it an "aid"?

What's the oddest eBay mistake you've seen?

Text from the 'Rock' auction because I thought it was truly awesome.

"You are bidding on a very normal rock. I found this rock in my yard while I was raking leaves. You can imagine my lack of surprise when I saw it just lying there. I almost didn't even pick it up. I could only imagine how little it was worth, so I decided to sell it on ebay. Make no mistake, this rock is so normal and there is absolutly nothing special about it. In fact it is the kind of rock that you would just drop on the ground and forget about it before it even hit the ground. The photo does makes the rock look much better than it actually is. Good luck on bidding, and if you win I hope you are as bored with the rock as I am. ~~~~"

How about the weirdest thing Iv'e sold on e-bay. My wife is a big estate sale nut. She also is big into Halloween and props. She comes home from an estate sale with two sets of nasty " False Teeth" at 10cents a piece. I asked her WTF she was going to do with them. "I'll make something for Halloween with them". That was until she looked them up on e-bay and found there was a market for false teeth.

Long story short. The first set sold for $68.00 and the second set ( which was nasty ) sold for $40 something. :screwy: I just hope they didn't find a home in someones mouth.

DR.X

How about the weirdest thing Iv'e sold on e-bay. My wife is a big estate sale nut. She also is big into Halloween and props. She comes home from an estate sale with two sets of nasty " False Teeth" at 10cents a piece. I asked her WTF she was going to do with them. "I'll make something for Halloween with them". That was until she looked them up on e-bay and found there was a market for false teeth.

Long story short. The first set sold for $68.00 and the second set ( which was nasty ) sold for $40 something. :screwy: I just hope they didn't find a home in someones mouth.

DR.X

Actually I just read an article that teeth and false teeth are hot right now because some fancy smancy jeweller is making jewelry out of old teeth..and cheaper jewelry out of false teeth..

weird but true..

I have sold all sorts of crazy stuff on Ebay well up until they started to suck

I sold half used bottles of perfume (I got like $78 for half used bottle of Tigeress)

I've sold body bags (I still have some if anyone is interested I have enough for all your Dexter type needs) I honestly can't recall the weirdest thing..out of thousands of auctions I am sure there are doozies..

A few years ago, I saw an auction where somebody was selling a ghost.

I may have a few of the details wrong, but from what I recall, the seller's young son thought there was a ghost haunting their house and was terrified of it. So the seller told his boy that he'd sell the ghost on eBay and it would have to go "live" (unlive maybe?) with whoever bought it.

:roflmao:

I may have a few of the details wrong, but from what I recall, the seller's young son thought there was a ghost haunting their house and was terrified of it. So the seller told his boy that he'd sell the ghost on eBay and it would have to go "live" (unlive maybe?) with whoever bought it.

That is some genius parenting!

That is some genius parenting!

I agree, what a smart trick. How does one think something like this up?!

Back in the day I saw a listing for a large matchbox full of toenail clippings. The guy had been saving them for 10 years. :sick:

Remember there was a story circulating that there was gold in toenails - I bet this guy got rich lol