• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Weirdest thing you've found while searching eBay?

73 posts in this topic

Comics-related, it was the Magneto helmet people keep posting pictures of me in; I bought it from ebay I think in 2001. It was custom-crafted by one of those Renaissance armorsmiths. It weighs somewhere from five to ten pounds, is hand-painted, and the blue edging is a separately-crafted strip of metal welded extraordinarily well around the entire piece. The only piece that needs work is the little horn emblem in the middle; the guy I bought it from was the artist and he said he intended to create that but never got around to it.

I don't expect to ever find something like this again. I'd really love to get the extra centerpiece created, I may pursue that at some point.

MagnetoHelmet.jpg

a guy once sold his imaginary friend on the bay.

said he was married now and didnt need him - as he was imaginary he said he imagined he would fit into a small envelope.

i have seen people sell the recipe for ice too - but that was for charity tho'.

The 1990's X-Men toilet is pretty good, wonder if it is still for sale? hm

I dunno, but I saved the pictures of that one. Somebody did a very respectable, well-crafted job of pasting X-Men images all over the inside and outside of a toilet.

You'd think it would never sell, but if I owned a Toilet Store, I'd consider buying it to make my showroom a little less .

I did not know there was a "Weird Stuff" category on eBay! lol

The strange thing about the BMW part, it's listed in Books, Magazines > Comic Books

You know there is a whole category on eBay for Weird stuff

I don't know if it is blocked off from regular searches or not.

Has anyone sold anything in this category hm

That would be a more interesting story

I've seen dirty socks. There is also the market for used underwear, really nasty.

So I used to be an entertainer and in need of cash I sold all my collection of well worn fetish heels..sure some of my boots and sky high platform shoes sold for $50-100 but my worn nasty disgusting houseslippers (I started listing ALL my shoes because the money I was getting was ridiculous for my old shoes) anyway the worn dirty pretty-sure-my-cat-peed-on-them-in -the-closet shoes sold for over $200.

Guy wanted "special orders" they would BUY me shoes and then PAY me to wear them around for awhile and ship them back to them along with pictures of my feet wearing the shoes..

I thought gee what a racket I am making money for stuff that is JUNK.

So then I sold all my old underwear. They were bringing $15-80 a pair. I was at a friend's house one day and I see a pair on undies on her dining room table. I ask her why they are there and she explained she used her old undies for dustrags. I took them they were really old with worn out bands and holes in them (garfield and rainbow brite panties) I sold them for $70-200 each and split the cash with my friend. Bras panties pantyhose stockings old socks I sold anything people were plunking cash down for...

Then it turns out to my surprise there is an underground network of Ebay panty sellers. If you try to get around Ebay rules to sell worn or uncleaned items this group will give you the guide on getting away with it. One of their members sees a newbie selling these type of things and they will approach you..there are TWO groups one dedicated to justice, and monies for all and another that will specifically target newbies to get their auctions closed down by any means nec.

It was wild..then I ran out of really cool shoes and had all new stuff so nothing to sell..

but my auctions were such a frigging work of art man..

Once they looked they were hooked ...I would sell my mommas undies for that sort of cash.

One of my friends made a "mock" auction he was hilarious I'll try to see if it is saved somewhere and if he will let me post it..

I had a friend sell a sheet of printer paper ($200) another sold his soul I think that auction was pulled before it completed..I can only assume it was because he gave it to me after his auction(his soul in a bottle)

I had totally forgotten about the shoes and stuff until my husband reminded me it was like 12 yrs ago lol

Back in the day I saw a listing for a large matchbox full of toenail clippings. The guy had been saving them for 10 years. :sick:

I wonder if he dropped the price due to staining?

DR.X