• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW! 282 books in 9.9 and two in 10.0

26 posts in this topic

Notice how long they have been in his store, too.

This comic was in his store when I first started buying comics on eBay (3/8/01). Price is still $5000.05. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPTAIN-CANUCK-1-CGC-10-0-75-OLDEST-10-KEY-EVER-/370288396638?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5636e8895e#ht_3036wt_905

doh! doh!

Thats not the oldest 10 is it?

I thought there was one older than that

There is a 12 cent Thor (the one with the giant sword on the cover :blush:) and there is a 1940's giveaway comic (dental industry?) that I know of that are older.

That is Thor #156! Goes hand in hand with Thor #132! I remember when I received a 9.8 Thor #156 with White pages as one of my 3 very first subs and I thought I was King of the World (move over James Cameron!).

Turns out there is a veritable plague of these things. They are (correct me if I am dumb please) warehouse copies from the Mile High 1 Collection. Remember those old Mile High Ads from Marvel Comics circa 1985 or so? You could pick up as many of these #132 or 156's you wanted. They were good friends with Sub-Mariner #6 and FF #54 & 59.

This comic was in his store when I first started buying comics on eBay (3/8/01). Price is still $5000.05. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPTAIN-CANUCK-1-CGC-10-0-75-OLDEST-10-KEY-EVER-/370288396638?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5636e8895e#ht_3036wt_905

doh! doh!

There is a 12 cent Thor (the one with the giant sword on the cover :blush:) and there is a 1940's giveaway comic (dental industry?) that I know of that are older.

That is Thor #156! Goes hand in hand with Thor #132! I remember when I received a 9.8 Thor #156 with White pages as one of my 3 very first subs and I thought I was King of the World (move over James Cameron!).

Turns out there is a veritable plague of these things. They are (correct me if I am dumb please) warehouse copies from the Mile High 1 Collection. Remember those old Mile High Ads from Marvel Comics circa 1985 or so? You could pick up as many of these #132 or 156's you wanted. They were good friends with Sub-Mariner #6 and FF #54 & 59.

I think you mean MH2 :baiting:

I am not sure if from MH2 but I suspect you are right. I remember it being a very easy issue to find in ultra high grade years ago.

the dental giveaway from the 40s used to be the oldest 10 not sure now. i bought a 9.8 of that dental giveaway and then a couple of weeks later the 10 showed up. i think there was a stack of those giveaways that were not bagged but just under a lot of magazines and the guy just subbed all of them.

doh! doh!

I think you mean MH2 :baiting:

I am not sure if from MH2 but I suspect you are right. I remember it being a very easy issue to find in ultra high grade years ago.

No, he meant Mile High I. Edgar stashed 10,000 copies of Thor #132 and #156 in his outhouse.....they were his waning years, after all...

:whistle:

No, he meant Mile High I. Edgar stashed 10,000 copies of Thor #132 and #156 in his outhouse.....they were his waning years, after all...

:whistle:

You can tell which ones are his because of the ''stink'' :sick: