• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dexter Soy Sketch Opportunity Round 1!

536 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone!

I'm excited and pleased to announce a new sketch opportunity here on the boards. With the EVS books being picked up at MegaCon and the DC opp complete, I can introduce an amazing artist! His name is Dexter Soy, he's really humble and excited about doing sketch covers for our community. Dex has done work on IDW's Army of Two Comic:

Army2_02_FINAL-1.jpg

He's also worked on Hack/Slash for Devil's Due Publishing and has become a major contributor in the video game art world, working on Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid, Hitman and various other

projects.

Here are some examples of his work:

the_prince_and_kratos_by_nefar007.jpg

Dante_DMC2_version_by_nefar007.jpg

witch_ever_by_nefar007.jpg

eros_by_nefar007.jpg

dark_knight_by_nefar007-1.jpg

db53f65a11619d1fbd78140201c1c963-1.jpg

d_ex_men_by_nefar007-1.jpg

webclaw_by_nefar007.jpg

bow_and_arrow_by_nefar007-1.jpg

diecast_by_nefar007.jpg

Due to circumstances beyond my control, DC was unable to complete the last sketches from his opp.

I gave some of those boardies the opportunity to redirect their funds to Dexter. Here are the results of some of those sketches:

P1040964.jpg

1527929-thor_009_super-1.jpg

P1050285copy-1.jpg

dexterdoom.jpg

P1050442-1.jpg

3cbbf36512f047a95d49a73fde428bd6-d39afg2.jpg

Pricing:

Front cover: $135( a front cover will be 1-2 full body characters, or a "mini-jam" similar to the x-men piece

Wraparound: $220(also not limited to two characters)

I think this is more than fair considering you can get more than one character on one cover.

I learned a lot from the DC opp. To make everyone satisfied and to make things easier, here are some new rules/insights:

****I will not be collecting grading/shipping fees until they are due.****

In other words, please hold your extra fees until the time arrives. Right now I will be commissioning the artist only. Hopefully this make it easier for all interested parties.

****There will be a group rate for shipping from Dexter to CGC****

This will also cut down the shipping fees. I will have to wait until the box is weighed before I can quote shipping fees, but it should be $15 per person.

Please mail your blank to me. If you need a blank please let me know and I might be able to help out.

Thank you! :D

I would have jumped the gun if I wasn't saving up for something :(

Can't wait to see more sketches from Dexter! lol

Thanks for introducing an amazing artist to us Mike! Kudos to you for this sketch Opp too! :headbang: