• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If YOU were single and met a beautiful woman.....

77 posts in this topic

Maybe if she was to get to know you she may think your passion for and career in comics is cool, she could learn to understand, ya' know. But at first all she may know is the stereotype. We all have stereotypes, that's just the way people are. Anyway-------

My comic collecting is not something I hide from women, but I don't put it front and center, either. I tell them I have many interests, with travel, soccer and comic book/art collecting being the top 3 (and even that doesn't come out until some sort of connection has been established). Lately, I've tried to de-geekify the hobby by letting women know that Jason Lewis, the "Absolut Hunk"/Smith Jarrett on "Sex and the City", shops at my LCS. I think women can relate to that. insane.gif

Maybe if she was to get to know you she may think your passion for and career in comics is cool, she could learn to understand, ya' know. But at first all she may know is the stereotype. We all have stereotypes, that's just the way people are. Anyway-------

My comic collecting is not something I hide from women, but I don't put it front and center, either. I tell them I have many interests, with travel, soccer and comic book/art collecting being the top 3 (and even that doesn't come out until some sort of connection has been established). Lately, I've tried to de-geekify the hobby by letting women know that Jason Lewis, the "Absolut Hunk"/Smith Jarrett on "Sex and the City", shops at my LCS. I think women can relate to that. insane.gif

Well, they probably also relate to the fact that you know who he is.

So... you are at a party and meet a very beautiful, classy and sophisticated woman, she is single and being very flirtatious with you. You sit down and have a drink with her.

Question: Do you tell her how you make a living by selling comic books knowing that there is a very good possibility that she may instantly see "geek-boy" etched on your forehead?

-----Sid

First of all, if she is being flirtatious, she is already digging you, hence the ice already broke. You're already having a drink, first one but definately not the last one, hell you're already rounded third base and heading home 27_laughing.gif, if you both wake up in the morning with a big ole smile, and sober, and you want to chat at breakfast, somehow I dont think she will label you a "geek-boy". grin.gif

Fairly recently, I was at the Gym reading my Bronze Age Iron Man comics and a cute blond told me she thought it was "cool". So, naturally I asked why she thought it was "cool". I mean, I knew it was "cool" but was interested why she thought it was "cool".

Apparently, she had a couple brothers that dug comic books. So, she read them too years ago. Sooo......not everyone thinks your as a geek just 'cause you read em'. grin.gif

My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world (inside and out). On our first date we were walking around her neighborhood and I noticed a comic store I had done some business with. We went in and I showed her my pic in the Overstreet Price Guide Advisor's section. 3 months later we were talking and she told me to open up a dresser drawer in the corner of the room. In it I found a hardbound edition of the Guide. She told me she had gone back to the store the very next day so she would have a pic of me and that she had fallen in love with me the very first day we spent together. My wife digs comics she likes Wonder Woman, Batman, Spiderman and Faust.

V angel.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world (inside and out). On our first date we were walking around her neighborhood and I noticed a comic store I had done some business with. We went in and I showed her my pic in the Overstreet Price Guide Advisor's section. 3 months later we were talking and she told me to open up a dresser drawer in the corner of the room. In it I found a hardbound edition of the Guide. She told me she had gone back to the store the very next day so she would have a pic of me and that she had fallen in love with me the very first day we spent together. My wife digs comics she likes Wonder Woman, Batman, Spiderman and Faust.

V angel.gifacclaim.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Damn, that's a beautifull story. You are a lucky fellow. grin.gif

(But you know that, don't you?)

Yep tell her right away - as soon as possible. But to get the desired effect, you should do it while wearing either your life size Magneto helmet or Doc Doom mask and introduce her to Petey your life size Spider-Man mannequin. That should do the trick.