• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Hope all my fellow collectors in Japan are safe along with their collections

48 posts in this topic

My prayers go out to everyone in Japan. We're okay here in Hawaii. There was a small scare early this morning when waters receding 100 yards (exposing the ocean floor and coral, etc) off Diamond Head. But fortunately water came back in gradually and no large wave(s).

Also our Tsunami warning just got downgraded to an advisory.

My prayers go out to everyone in Japan. We're okay here in Hawaii. There was a small scare early this morning when waters receding 100 yards (exposing the ocean floor and coral, etc) off Diamond Head. But fortunately water came back in gradually and no large wave(s).

That is great to hear Bill.

Thanks Joe. The news about the earthquake and Tsunami in Japan came just as I was going to bed last night, followed shortly by the Tsunami watch for Hawaii. Being so close to the water I was pretty nervous.

We received the All Clear a couple hours ago so that's another Tsunami that we luckily dodged. In all seriousness, if an earthquake of a similar magnitude would hit a neighbor island we would have only about 10 minutes to evacuate.

Thanks Joe. The news about the earthquake and Tsunami in Japan came just as I was going to bed last night, followed shortly by the Tsunami watch for Hawaii. Being so close to the water I was pretty nervous.

We received the All Clear a couple hours ago so that's another Tsunami that we luckily dodged. In all seriousness, if an earthquake of a similar magnitude would hit a neighbor island we would have only about 10 minutes to evacuate.

Scary stuff to be sure. I cannot imagine what a 20-30 foot of water would do to Florida. Being on an aquifer the whole area around the earthquake epi-center would turn to quicksand.

I look at the reports and video footage and you realise, in some cases, you are watching people die.