• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Hope all my fellow collectors in Japan are safe along with their collections

48 posts in this topic

Huge earthquake here in Japan today. Wish I could say I grabbed a box of comics on my way out of my apartment :eek: I just ran to the park across the street and didn't have a thought about any of my worldly possessions.

After this I am glad I left my good comics in Canada and only brought my low grade readers here. I am also glad I am moving next month and didn't bother to take my red Hulk statue out of the box. Might have been Hulk smashed instead of Hulk SMASH!!!

Back to the beers.

Bruce

kh11.jpg
I'm just watching the morning news - looks absolutely terrible. :(

+1 In my thoughts and prayers too.

This sounds awful, good luck to everyone this affects. :(

Indeed, they are now issuing tsunami warnings for Hawaii and San Fran! :eek:

:eek: I have family in Hawaii and I know of a few board members who live there.

:wishluck:

Huge earthquake here in Japan today. Wish I could say I grabbed a box of comics on my way out of my apartment :eek: I just ran to the park across the street and didn't have a thought about any of my worldly possessions.

After this I am glad I left my good comics in Canada and only brought my low grade readers here. I am also glad I am moving next month and didn't bother to take my red Hulk statue out of the box. Might have been Hulk smashed instead of Hulk SMASH!!!

Back to the beers.

Bruce

Are you doing OK Bruce?

Back to the beers.

Bruce

Are you doing OK Bruce?

Bruce I don't mean to be a smart(youknowwhat) But did you feel it?

Back to the beers.

Bruce

Are you doing OK Bruce?

My wife and I are both ok. I sent an email to the other board member I know lives in Japan, hopefully he and his wife are safe.

Also waiting to hear back from him about my lets go to Thor when it comes out offer :)

I hope everyone else is ok as well, wherever the effects of this are felt. I think if I was closer to the epicenter I would be booking a ticket back to Canada now.

Thanks for asking Boboset (thumbs u

Back to the beers.

Bruce

Are you doing OK Bruce?

Bruce I don't mean to be a smart(youknowwhat) But did you feel it?

My place felt like a boat, you could feel it swaying back and forth. Thankfully I was not close to the epicenter. I think that would have been horrifying :o

This was the first earthquake I have ever felt and I have no problem admitting I was scared shtless.

Don't worry, I don't think you are being a smart(youknowwhat).

Tsunami waves are expected to hit here in about another hour and half. I work in Waikiki and live just outside. I live just a couple blocks outside of the evacuation zone so I should be safe but I'm still a little worried. Just had a police sqad car driving around the block playing an emergency evacuation message, kinda surreal.

The Tsunami Warning Center said to expect (cresent) waves of about 6 feet in height (much different then surfing waves). Now they're saying 3 feet waves. They just don't really know for sure.

Got woken up two hours ago by my neighbor here - I live in Venice Beach, CA. Hope all boardies are well in Japan.

Neighbor is freaking out a bit and just packed up some stuff and headed to her boyfriend's place. Waiting to see what happens in Hawaii before I figure out if we pack up the Jeep and drive a little inland. One of the perils of living right on the water I guess.

Even before the Indonesia Quake they've made us aware of the Tsunami risk in the Santa Monica Bay area.

Watching the video on TV is just horrible... I can't believe the water reached 60 miles inland in some areas of Northern Japan.

Just tragic.

Holy!

Glad you are okay, Bruce. Just waking up to this news after being out-for-the-count sick yesterday.

How horrible.