• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: A Warning To Forum & eBay Members About...

65 posts in this topic

Bush, I think NSC's record is catching up with them. That's what the feedback is for. Even a new Ebay-er should be able to figure out to proceed with caution with them. NSC has been called out a number of times here......do a search of past threads.

And as for you other guys, please realize that by Brooklyn standards Bush has exhibited quite a lot of restraint. And indeed been quite eloquent for us Brooklynites.

I mean you haven't hunted them down and slashed their tires.... yet, have ya Bushy?

Take care man.

27_laughing.gif

Send those squares a Pat Boone record!

That'll fix em!

sign-funnypost.gif

Did you see him do his April Fool thing a few years back where he dressed up in leather. I think he made an appearance on the Tonight show with that getup. grin.gif

I thought he liked to do that just on principle confused-smiley-013.gif

Bush, I think NSC's record is catching up with them. That's what the feedback is for. Even a new Ebay-er should be able to figure out to proceed with caution with them. NSC has been called out a number of times here......do a search of past threads.

And as for you other guys, please realize that by Brooklyn standards Bush has exhibited quite a lot of restraint. And indeed been quite eloquent for us Brooklynites.

I mean you haven't hunted them down and slashed their tires.... yet, have ya Bushy?

Take care man.

27_laughing.gif

Well said red... Take care

Take care man.

27_laughing.gif

You mean the stereotype's that we see in the movies are correct? 893whatthe.gif What about the doctors? Do they actually sit you down and say "Here's the f--king deal. Your liver is f--king shot. All that s--t you've been guzzling for f--king years is gonna put ya in a pine f--king box. Word UP!"?

Then again... that might still be preferable to the s--t kickers in AZ that keep telling people to Cowboy Up. foreheadslap.gif

I also spotted Mother F--kers ..... 27_laughing.gif

While his use of the word is excessive, he does seem to have a very valid complaint.....

But of course, if I've learned anything since arriving here, there's always two sides to the story..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I've had the same EXACT experience with NSC and a wrong item sent which was for a birthday present in September for my cousin who got it instead as a Christmas Present 893frustrated.gif

I think there is really no two sides to this story as Bushwick has eloquently relayed my experience with NSC as well. There were unanswered emails, lame excuses - back then they blamed it on a foreign customer service girl named Olga or something Eastern European and implied she had stolen from them or deliberately dropped messages on a whim 893frustrated.gif If I had an employee like that, they would be shot as I would determine that people like that have nothing to offer the rest of society anyway and would not be missed either way confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

Bushwick, I feel for you 893applaud-thumb.gif thanks for sharing and venting...might need to work on formatting for easier reading tho thumbsup2.gif

In my similar situation with NSC, I did not resort to vulgarities and was ever the consummate professional. I even gave them my credit card number (small limit/no worries - set up for facilitating comic purschases with vendors who accept credit cards thumbsup2.gif - I'm not starving my family to accommodate my habit tongue.gif ) to make it as easy for them to get it done. I waited a month and a half before I even called them. I agree that NSC has no excuse really to come up so short on the customer service end and then look for scapegoats or make up flimsy excuses and tall tales with holes in logic and flow so big that it is insulting to listen to them.

I have dealt with NSC since (been 5 years from the F--King first catastrophe!)and the month and a half wait before receiving goods policy still stands; however this was a recent transaction and I knew full well what I was risking after all the other commiserating I've heard on here.

In my similar situation with NSC, I did not resort to vulgarities and was ever the consummate professional. I even gave them my credit card number (small limit/no worries - set up for facilitating comic purschases with vendors who accept credit cards thumbsup2.gif - I'm not starving my family to accommodate my habit tongue.gif ) to make it as easy for them to get it done. I waited a month and a half before I even called them. I agree that NSC has no excuse really to come up so short on the customer service end and then look for scapegoats or make up flimsy excuses and tall tales with holes in logic and flow so big that it is insulting to listen to them.

I have dealt with NSC since (been 5 years from the F--King first catastrophe!)and the month and a half wait before receiving goods policy still stands; however this was a recent transaction and I knew full well what I was risking after all the other commiserating I've heard on here.

Apologies for the filth flarn filth Darth.

While his use of the word is excessive, he does seem to have a very valid complaint.....

But of course, if I've learned anything since arriving here, there's always two sides to the story..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

I've had the same EXACT experience with NSC and a wrong item sent which was for a birthday present in September for my cousin who got it instead as a Christmas Present 893frustrated.gif

I think there is really no two sides to this story as Bushwick has eloquently relayed my experience with NSC as well. There were unanswered emails, lame excuses - back then they blamed it on a foreign customer service girl named Olga or something Eastern European and implied she had stolen from them or deliberately dropped messages on a whim 893frustrated.gif If I had an employee like that, they would be shot as I would determine that people like that have nothing to offer the rest of society anyway and would not be missed either way confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gif

Bushwick, I feel for you 893applaud-thumb.gif thanks for sharing and venting...might need to work on formatting for easier reading tho thumbsup2.gif

Hey DD, are things as wet down there as they are here? It truly is a shame to see such an organization continue to abuse their customers. I have never any experiences with NSC, and from the horror stories I have read, they will never see any business from me. I think it's pretty safe to say that myself and many other sellers that frequent these boards treat all our customers with the same high level of respect and dignity regardless of how much they spend and what they buy. I have had many instances already in my first year of comic sales where a customer started with buying 1 20 or 30 dollar book and would then come back later to spend hundreds of dollars on more books. I doubt much will be accomplished through eBay or the BBB, but to stand firm and not support their business endeavors and warn people of their abusive practices can sometimes be enough to get attention.

Apologies for the filth flarn filth Darth.

No need to apologize - I think I would have been as mad too back in my younger days. I've just mellowed out a bit over the years 27_laughing.gif and after all those disturbing the peace and inciting public riot citations gossip.gif ...

I'm from Queens, so you've got to get several F--k's in there whenever; maybe a crotch grab for full effect when you say it too thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Hey DD, are things as wet down there as they are here? It truly is a shame to see such an organization continue to abuse their customers. I have never any experiences with NSC, and from the horror stories I have read, they will never see any business from me. I think it's pretty safe to say that myself and many other sellers that frequent these boards treat all our customers with the same high level of respect and dignity regardless of how much they spend and what they buy. I have had many instances already in my first year of comic sales where a customer started with buying 1 20 or 30 dollar book and would then come back later to spend hundreds of dollars on more books. I doubt much will be accomplished through eBay or the BBB, but to stand firm and not support their business endeavors and warn people of their abusive practices can sometimes be enough to get attention.

Dark clouds are just looming now here in DC. It was raining on my drive in but it has stopped for a bit. I've got to go back out there and get my freakin' lunch 893frustrated.gif Sushi, hot dog, or McD's ? tongue.gif

If you have the patience of a saint, have money to throw away, don't care if you have to wait 2 months for an item you paid for on the same day as the auction end, won't mind getting the wrong item then questioned as if it was your fault by the seller and then asked to incur the cost of sending it back to them for them to assess if you were telling the truth, and also risk damaged goods due to improper packing and if you also like to be the victim of shipping profiteering... then NSC is the comic seller for you thumbsup2.giftongue.gif

Really, unless you are a masochist and enjoy humiliation, I can see no other reason WHY OH WHY to go this route. I know I' have fallen prey as well to the "but they had an item I REALLY wanted"

as to the dignity and respect comment, what can I say? I guess some folks were just not raised that way? I'm a small dealer compared to most and maybe that's why I go thru the extra effort of trying to be a friend and go out of my way to insure the happy buying experience so you will come back. It's all about repeat business and networking for me - they may do me a favor down the road when I need something confused-smiley-013.gif I'm happy with my business plan... it'll be a sad day before I emulate NSC's practices regardless of how sucessful they appear. I'm not jealous in the least...I can sleep well at night knowing I don't have guys like Bushwick ready to slash my tires for a coimc snafu I have committed smile.giftongue.gif

Jim

Thanks for your comments wrcomics

as to the dignity and respect comment, what can I say? I guess some folks were just not raised that way? I'm a small dealer compared to most and maybe that's why I go thru the extra effort of trying to be a friend and go out of my way to insure the happy buying experience so you will come back. It's all about repeat business and networking for me - they may do me a favor down the road when I need something I'm happy with my business plan... it'll be a sad day before I emulate NSC's practices regardless of how sucessful they appear. I'm not jealous in the least...I can sleep well at night knowing I don't have guys like Bushwick ready to slash my tires for a coimc snafu I have committed

Agreed. I don't see myself as a big time dealer, although in my little area of Western MD, there aren't too many dealers period! I try to run my business the way I conduct my life- always try to treat others the way you want to be treated. It all comes back to you eventually. thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Dark clouds are just looming now here in DC. It was raining on my drive in but it has stopped for a bit. I've got to go back out there and get my freakin' lunch 893frustrated.gif Sushi, hot dog, or McD's ? tongue.gif

If you have the patience of a saint, have money to throw away, don't care if you have to wait 2 months for an item you paid for on the same day as the auction end, won't mind getting the wrong item then questioned as if it was your fault by the seller and then asked to incur the cost of sending it back to them for them to assess if you were telling the truth, and also risk damaged goods due to improper packing and if you also like to be the victim of shipping profiteering... then NSC is the comic seller for you thumbsup2.giftongue.gif

Really, unless you are a masochist and enjoy humiliation, I can see no other reason WHY OH WHY to go this route. I know I' have fallen prey as well to the "but they had an item I REALLY wanted"

as to the dignity and respect comment, what can I say? I guess some folks were just not raised that way? I'm a small dealer compared to most and maybe that's why I go thru the extra effort of trying to be a friend and go out of my way to insure the happy buying experience so you will come back. It's all about repeat business and networking for me - they may do me a favor down the road when I need something confused-smiley-013.gif I'm happy with my business plan... it'll be a sad day before I emulate NSC's practices regardless of how sucessful they appear. I'm not jealous in the least...I can sleep well at night knowing I don't have guys like Bushwick ready to slash my tires for a coimc snafu I have committed smile.giftongue.gif

Na, I wont lower myself to that level just for one comic Darth, But I would jack the whole car to compensate for the 145 NEG's devil.gif

The thing that always gets me in these situations is the excuse "Well, as we list 3 billion items a week, things are very busy around here". Well don't f--king list 3 billion items a week if you don't have the infrastructure to cope with it. Are we supposed to feel emphathy with you because you obviously running the staff that you do have into the ground? insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

You've got me started on the swearing now. Anger rising.

I'm off to punch the cat.

The thing that always gets me in these situations is the excuse "Well, as we list 3 billion items a week, things are very busy around here". Well don't f--king list 3 billion items a week if you don't have the infrastructure to cope with it. Are we supposed to feel emphathy with you because you obviously running the staff that you do have into the ground? insufficiently_thoughtful_persons.

You've got me started on the swearing now. Anger rising.

I'm off to punch the cat.

Exactly my point... thumbsup2.gif Thanks for your comment localshop

You might want to clean up your initial post before the mods pull the whole thread for masking. Just remember that the message you're telling the forum is more important than being able to partially spell taboo words.