• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Listing Day on EBay!

57 posts in this topic

From my experience and also a topic o discussion on the 35 cent thread in the Bronze forum - most variant collectors do not slab or believe in slabbing their variants because 1) the mystery of condition is a selling plus and 2) saps like me who have had their variants slabbed have demnstrated to the rest of the community that there is no marked gain unless we are talking 9.0 and higher grades

although this is an ASM key issue confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe it's not as VF/NM as he had thought? I don't care though, even in FN, this would be a nice book to own thumbsup2.gif

I agree. At first I couldn't believe it, but if this book is real it certainly would qualify as being as scarce as he says it is. Although I'm not an avid variant collector, I would notice an anomaly in a key book like that one, and no, I've never seen a 25 cent copy of that comic before.

He just added that after "tons" of requests to end the auction early, he won't. This should make for interesting viewing...............

27_laughing.gif

I guess your "offer" fell on deaf ears, eh Darth? How much did you pony up?

gossip.gif We're talking around the same $$$ for Ewert's recent 9.6 Xmen 30 cent variant gossip.gif I'll hope to be the last one standing when all is said and done thumbsup2.gif

With a eBay ID like tha professional I hope it's not in photoshop...... 27_laughing.gif

Good luck Darth, I hope your 15 of the 19 bids so far help scare people away....... grin.gif

gossip.gif We're talking around the same $$$ for Ewert's recent 9.6 Xmen 30 cent variant gossip.gif I'll hope to be the last one standing when all is said and done thumbsup2.gif

It looks like you and Cliffey boy are going the full 12 rounds on this one 893whatthe.gif

Good Luck thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, it looks like Cliffy done tapped Darth out. sorry.gif

Talk about showing your hand early......

Then again, maybe Darth's at the bank getting a loan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

With the way the prices jumped in less than 12 hours since the auction started it's most likely a second mortgage....... 27_laughing.gif

Then again, maybe Darth's at the bank getting a loan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If he doesn't want to end up borrowing $10K he may want to consider staying out of unnecessary bidding wars when there's still six days left to go before the item closes.

If I were him I'd even consider a trip to NYC just to make sure this is the genuine article....with all the fuss being made by your favorite people (brain dead speculators) God knows how high this book could go....

It looks like you and Cliffey boy are going the full 12 rounds on this one 893whatthe.gif

gossip.gif Not even a tip of a finger showing yet tongue.gif

Okay, since April Fools Day is almost over, I came clean and ended the auction.

It was a blast, especially the emails asking me to end early and sell, along with the many "follow-up" messages from interested buyers.