• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Listing Day on EBay!

57 posts in this topic

Holy [!@#%^&^]. If this is real, that's pretty amazing. This is the second person to hear of rumours that number of 25 cent variants issues were released on a very limited basis. It would be interesting to find out that the use of price variants was so improvised and limited to mid-town Manhattan. The interesting thing is, if this was the case, I think very few of them would have survived. Not too many collectors buying books of the stands there, as opposed to LCS's--mostly readers, not collectors.

I'm still somewhat dubious, though.

Very cool! I'll be doing the unethical and offering this guy a sick amount of money offline in order to secure this for myself and check into the authenticity of this book. Don't be hatin' on me when you see this auction ended early because it is no longer for sale. I have seen this guy on some of the variant auctions out there (he's on my list of folks to spam for 35 centers tongue.gif)and may be willing to work something out. Wish me luck! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif and don't tell JC what I'm up to...

The other question that comes to mind, are there any Canuck variants or other versions for this time period? JC? Anyone.

that's exactly what I thought, but at the time the differential between the Canadian Dollar and US Dollar would have been more than 5 cents confused-smiley-013.gif I threw out Canadian variant possibility all ready...

The other question that comes to mind, are there any Canuck variants or other versions for this time period? JC? Anyone.

that's exactly what I thought, but at the time the differential between the Canadian Dollar and US Dollar would have been more than 5 cents confused-smiley-013.gif I threw out Canadian variant possibility all ready...

Perhaps. If memory serves me, the Canadian dollar was actually stronger at the time (I could be wrong) and this reversed by the late 70's.

Perhaps. If memory serves me, the Canadian dollar was actually stronger at the time (I could be wrong) and this reversed by the late 70's.

Yep, the CAD dollar was at par or better during that time, so it's not a currency issue. Plus, it says the comic was bought in NY, and I've never seen a book like that before.

From my experience and also a topic o discussion on the 35 cent thread in the Bronze forum - most variant collectors do not slab or believe in slabbing their variants because 1) the mystery of condition is a selling plus and 2) saps like me who have had their variants slabbed have demnstrated to the rest of the community that there is no marked gain unless we are talking 9.0 and higher grades

although this is an ASM key issue confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe it's not as VF/NM as he had thought? I don't care though, even in FN, this would be a nice book to own thumbsup2.gif

He just added that after "tons" of requests to end the auction early, he won't. This should make for interesting viewing...............

Maybe my 20 emails were not enough to express my desire, nay obsession, to own this item confused-smiley-013.gif I may have to keep on top of this darn auction now 893frustrated.gif

He just added that after "tons" of requests to end the auction early, he won't. This should make for interesting viewing...............

27_laughing.gif

I guess your "offer" fell on deaf ears, eh Darth? How much did you pony up?