• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March 27: Plainville, CT

12 posts in this topic

From 10am - 3pm, there will be another show held at the Plainville VFW. Per last show, the number of Golden Age ECs were quite noticeable (many in higher grade) along with a nice mix of other books (though not too many "mega" keys that I saw).

I might try and make it to this one as well so if anyone's planning to go... :)

Stopped in today and was in line when the doors first opened--skipped church this AM so I could catch up on a little sleep.

Decent crowd from the start and the dealers certainly seemed to be pricing things to sell with discounts across the board right from the word go. Good mix of low to high grade books and a few nice keys--but none of the Mega Grail books that I saw. There were a few books I was sorta tempted to pick up but I end up taking a pass. Perhaps the one area that I felt was a big lacking was in the trade paperback section--mainly just recollected superhero books, and none of the big books that are always in high demand, i.e. Long Halloween, etc. I did notice what looked to be a new collection of Horror Books, along with the batch from the last show. I saw a really nice looking of Creepy #1 there as well--at least a VF or better priced around $185. I've no idea about the market on this book, but it seems like it's always a popular one here on the boards. And the dealer is flexible as I've bought from him in the past. I also saw a copy of Tales to Astonish #35 for only $45 (probably 1.5-1.8 condition), and while I know it's a minor key... just couldn't get excited enough to pick this one up. Still, seemed like a pretty decent deal from what I've seen on the book in the past.

On the whole, I think if one were to go to this show with $150 and be a much more motivated buyer than your's truly, it'd be well-worth the visit.

I grabbed a small bunch of bronze HG Charltons and DC horror. Not too many though. I think my source for these has dried up. :(

I dropped my daughter off at auntie's house and then headed over to Plainville only to realize I left my money at home and had to go back. :frustrated:lol