• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Art Con report

7 posts in this topic

Had a really good time today at the con. Figured I'd write a bit about it.

Lots of people there in a packed room. I'm really new to the whole art thing, so it was a shock to see the artwork that was out there.

I picked up two fantastic pages from Anthony Snyder at a great price. He treated me like a person, not a customer. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to get original artwork and will definitely be getting more from him in the future.

I also got two other pages from someone else (I don't know who (shrug) ).

Dave Bullock was there doing commissions at a really reasonable rate. I told him that I wanted a Barry Allen Flash sketch of him catching a bullet (A tribute to Flash Comics #1). It was a bit confusing getting the image across, and I had to get him a reference for it. We then got to talking as to why Barry Allen would need to catch a bullet (he would normally just blow past one or stop it by some clever means). Anyways, he did an amazing job with it, and I couldn't be happier.

Overall, a great show. If anybody else was there and wants to comment on it, please do.

Scans are below.